Solstice or Liberty of Seas

boxerdognj

I'm trying to make the best decision for my family. We are traveling in January and I can't decide on whether to go on Solstice or RCL Liberty of Seas. My hubby and I (50's) and 28 yr old son for his burthday. He says its up to me but I want to make sure the Solstice will have enough for him to do.

How are shows on Celebrity compared to RCL. Please help.

Thanks

We did both Liberty and Solstice last year. (6 weeks apart)

We are an average couple and are in our early 60's.

I would have to say that we prefered the Solstice, although we loved both cruises. Food was a bit better on Solstice, and Oceanview cafe was quite a bit better than the Windjammer. Solstice specialty restaurants were absolutely superb. (ate at Murano's twice)

Liberty has more sports oriented activities such as the flow rider and the climbing wall. Celebrity has lecturers onboard that were speaking about the impact of rum making on the Caribbean Islands. Also speaker with a good deal of info on the Russian space program history and their "shuttle".

I thought the shows on Solstice were fresh and quite different than the offerings on the usual cruise. On the other hand, Liberty has the ice rink and ice show.

Do your research, and see what other folks have to say, look at the ports of call, and make a choice. You really can't go wrong with either choice.

Archived