Aft Cabins on Destiny Class

pseudochicken

Looking at possible 5 day cruises, either Jan 2-7, 2010 on the Destiny from Miami or the Triumph from New Orleans Jan 4-9, 2010.

I'm worried about the aft cabins. We don't really mind ship motion, so I am not too concerned about that. In fact we even enjoy a bit of rocking. But do the aft cabins on the first or second (or any deck for that matter) experience vibrations from the engines more so than the other cabins? I am a light sleeper so I'd imagine engine noise or tremors would keep me up at night.

Repeating the question: Does anyone know if there are engine vibrations on the Destiny aft cabins?

Actually, if anyone has any information about the Fantasy class about the same problem, I'd love to know. A Fantasy class cruise around that time may be a viable option.

I wouldn't have thought of this at all until I went on the Celebrity Millennium this past June. In the rear Dining Room I could feel the vibrations of the engines every so often. Sometimes it felt like a small earth quake.

Thank you in advance! :)

Looking at possible 5 day cruises, either Jan 2-7, 2010 on the Destiny from Miami or the Triumph from New Orleans Jan 4-9, 2010.

I'm worried about the aft cabins. We don't really mind ship motion, so I am not too concerned about that. In fact we even enjoy a bit of rocking. But do the aft cabins on the first or second (or any deck for that matter) experience vibrations from the engines more so than the other cabins? I am a light sleeper so I'd imagine engine noise or tremors would keep me up at night.

Repeating the question: Does anyone know if there are engine vibrations on the Destiny aft cabins?

Actually, if anyone has any information about the Fantasy class about the same problem, I'd love to know. A Fantasy class cruise around that time may be a viable option.

I wouldn't have thought of this at all until I went on the Celebrity Millennium this past June. In the rear Dining Room I could feel the vibrations of the engines every so often. Sometimes it felt like a small earth quake.

Thank you in advance! :)

I have not sailed aft on Destiny, but I have had aft cabins on several Conquest class ships which are similar. There is a distinct vibration that is different from forward areas. The vibration is very noticeable when traveling at very high speed and when traveling slow or maneuvering. It is not a vibration that should cause motion sickness. The quakes every so often that you describe on Millenium occur when maneuvering. I moved and adjusted a few items in our room that were in cotact with each other and the vibration at those times was less noticeable.

I have been in aft dining rooms and noted the vibration you mentioned. It is not like that in the rooms I have had. Similar perhaps, but not the same.

We're sailing Destiny next month, but our cabin location is near the front this time. If I had booked earlier, we'd be at the aft for sure. :o

Interesting. The thing is would those engine vibrations be enough to wake up a light sleeper in the middle of the night?

I don't care about the lack of privacy on the aft balconies. To be honest I doubt we'll be able to afford one of those true aft balconies that view the wake up the ship. More likely, we'd have one toward the back, but is the typical side balcony cabin. Those are cheaper than midship balconies.

I guess there's a real debate on whether we prefer to save some money and just get an oceanview cabin. We'd save $200-300 total on the trip. I don't know, I really enjoy sitting out on the balcony in the mornings and evenings and during the ships arrival and departure.

I'll have to see what the girl friend thinks. :D

Then again a cruise may not even be an option. We'd really prefer a 4 or 5 day Caribbean cruise leaving on December 18th or 19th. There are NONE! GRRR... :mad:

I've never been on a Bahama cruise but I feel like that'd pale in comparison to the Caribbean, particularly in the Dec/Jan.

Go for the aft! If you can, try to get 8430 or 8435 on the Triumph, 8330 or 8335 on the Destiny. These cabins are not only deeper, but 1/3 wider than the rest of the regular balconies! We had 8430 on the Triumph, and liked it so much, we booked the same type last cruise (Valor), and for our next(Freedom)!

Can you tell we like this location?;)

Go for the aft! If you can, try to get 8430 or 8435 on the Triumph, 8330 or 8335 on the Destiny. These cabins are not only deeper, but 1/3 wider than the rest of the regular balconies! We had 8430 on the Triumph, and liked it so much, we booked the same type last cruise (Valor), and for our next(Freedom)!

Can you tell we like this location?;)

I booked 8330 on the Destiny in March : ) I really wanted an aft and then after I booked it, I noticed it said extended balcony... yay!

Archived