Getting to Vancouver???

Cruisin2009

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to Vancouver from Northern California... taking into account both convenience and price.... Flying into Vancouver looks like it's quite a bit more $$ than flying into Seattle. What do you all recommend? I was also thinking we could fly into Bellingham and take the shuttle to Vancouver? It looks like about a 2+ hour ride. Yikes! Too many choices.... How far is it from the Vancouver airport to the port?

There are two ports in Vancouver. The new sky train has recently opened up that you can take from the Vancouver Airport which will drop you off about two blocks from Canada place which is one of the ports that serves Vancouver. If you travel by car it will take around 35 to 45 minutes to get to Canada Place but this can vary a little bit based on time of day/traffic.

Keith

We just got back from our cruise on Tuesday. There is an Amtrak train that goes from Seattle to Vancouver. We flew to Seattle and took the train from one to the other and it took approximately 2-3 hours but was a beautiful ride. The train goes right up the coast and is only $30.00 per person. There is a train station in Bellingham as well so you could fly there and take the Amtrak the rest of the route. We took a cab from the station to the cruise terminal in Vancouver - approximately 7.00 cab ride and less than 15 minutes.

Amtrak was cheap, beautiful ride and very comfortable.

Thanks -- this is great information. We actually have family in the Seattle area. We could drive there, park our car at the train station (I am assuming) and take the train to Vancouver... That would save us a lot on the flight. I'm glad to hear the train ride was so pleasant.

We just got back from our cruise on Tuesday. There is an Amtrak train that goes from Seattle to Vancouver. We flew to Seattle and took the train from one to the other and it took approximately 2-3 hours but was a beautiful ride. The train goes right up the coast and is only $30.00 per person. There is a train station in Bellingham as well so you could fly there and take the Amtrak the rest of the route. We took a cab from the station to the cruise terminal in Vancouver - approximately 7.00 cab ride and less than 15 minutes.

Amtrak was cheap, beautiful ride and very comfortable.

I am looking at the Amtrak Site, and it keeps showing that there is only a bus from Seattle to Vancouver, BC? I must be doing something wrong???

Amtrak would be a good choice from Seattle but to fly to Bellingham would mean a change of plane somewhere along the line unless you are close to an airport where Allegiant flies to Bellingham. Besides renting a car and driving there is Quick Coach from SEATAC to downtown Vancouver.

www.quickcoach.com/

Archived