Sea Lion Encounter

wenpond

Has anyone done the sea lion encounter while in Samana, Dominican Republic? Was wondering if its worth the price? Looking to convince the DH that it would be a fun adventure. ;)

Hi there,

I did this excursion last year on the Explorer & had a fabulous time!! I liked it because to get over to Cayo levantado as a guest...you have to go thru a RCI ship excursion anyways (which I think was $60pp), and that only includes the tender ride there & back. So my friends & I figured for some extra money we'd get to go to Cayo & back PLUS a really neat experience with the sea lions! We had a great time at Cayo, especially swimming with our "new friend"!

Just Cayo for the day is $39 pp (We did it in August). We did not do the Sealion encounter - just the beach (which is wonderful). They did it in an area not far from where we sat. People seemed to be enjoying the encounter - but it seemed short compared to the time we spent with the Dolphins in the Bahamas, That may have just been my perception.

Archived