scooter owners i need help

evgal/nj

hi everyone

dh bid & won a zipr roo on e bay, $350 with free shipping! its light, heaviest pc 30 lbs, 19.5"x 37.4", 2" ground clearance, 250 lb capacity.

it as delivered yesterday, today was the maiden voyage lol

-fits through doors easily & turning seems good

- it doesn't back up in the lowest speed, have to increase the speed a little before it goes backwards

-the head lights are very bright, horn beeps when backing up

- the basket is a good size

-seat swivels,& is height adjustable,arm rests flip up

thanks everyone for all you info & kindness, your all so generous with your time & knowledge. you can't imagine how all your responses helped, i don't mean with just scooter selection! because of all of you we will be MUCH better prepared,when he's ready for a scooter that will be a more integral part of his life.

again thank-you, i'm sure i'll be comming to you all in the future for further guidance as issues pop up lol

happy cruising

karen

hi everyone

dh bid & won a zipr roo on e bay, $350 with free shipping! its light, heaviest pc 30 lbs, 19.5"x 37.4", 2" ground clearance, 250 lb capacity.

it as delivered yesterday, today was the maiden voyage lol

-fits through doors easily & turning seems good

- it doesn't back up in the lowest speed, have to increase the speed a little before it goes backwards

-the head lights are very bright, horn beeps when backing up

- the basket is a good size

-seat swivels,& is height adjustable,arm rests flip up

thanks everyone for all you info & kindness, your all so generous with your time & knowledge. you can't imagine how all your responses helped, i don't mean with just scooter selection! because of all of you we will be MUCH better prepared,when he's ready for a scooter that will be a more integral part of his life.

again thank-you, i'm sure i'll be comming to you all in the future for further guidance as issues pop up lol

happy cruising

karen

I also just picked up a Zipr 3 from Craigs list just for travel. I have a Pacesaver Titan for every day use. I was impressed by the Zipr 3 though I find the seat a bit uncomfortable for LONG use, if it was just to get from point A to point B and then take a chair that would work better for me. Also still a tiny bit short even on the highest seat setting. great stability and turn radius though.

I find the seat a bit uncomfortable for LONG use, if it was just to get from point A to point B and then take a chair that would work better for me. Also still a tiny bit short even on the highest seat setting. great stability and turn radius though.

Hi McCall

For a little added comfort and height, you might consider purchasing a chair cushion. They are very inexpensive and can be found atTarget, Walmart or any Mass Merchant. Some even come with ties so it can be secured to the seat frame. Just an idea.

Karen and Mcall

I just replaced my daughter's Zipr scooter last week, we had nothing but problems with it and the customer service was terrible!!! Our zipr is less than a year old and the company would not stand behind the product. We had problems with the scooter at the airport on the way to Miami for a cruise. We bought new batteries 2 months after purchasing the scooter, still had problems. We have since been told that we that this scooter is known for having throttle problems and are made with refurbished parts, even though the company will not own up to that. There is a store in Orange county Ca and they have said that they get nothing but complaints about this scooter. We brought it because it was in the range that we wanted to spend but in the long run we should not have purchased this scooter. The scooter finallly died last week and when I contacted the company to have them fix it ,because it was still under warrenty, they were not at all willing to work with us. They basically felt they had our money and they didn't have to do anything. Save yourself some money, put the scooter back on ebay and buy yourself a Go-Go elite!!!!! I just bought one last week for $995 and it is a much better unit that you'll be able to get some service on.

crowshack,

so sorry to hear about your terrible experience with the zipr people. thanks for sharing. i really liked the go go & thought that would be the scooter dh would buy. but someone he worked with told him about ebay & well you know the rest. i'm very happy, more so because he took the initive to buy one then the one he bought! i know there are scooters out there that are alot better than his zipr but he's happy & i'm happy for him. as i've learned here this is a proccess we are just beginning

just a positive word about zipr, when the box arrived from the factory it was baddly damaged, to the point where there were wholes in the box & some of the styrofome was crumbled. ups said we had to get in touch with the office & he'd come back out to pick it up. i called the 800# in the box which connected me directly to the factory, the gentleman said put it together see if it works & if it doesn't he'd gladly take it back, well it worked but a pin for the seat is missing so he's sending us one.was nice to get a person on the phone lol. he also said to call him if i need any help & gave me his name.

thanks again for the warning, but i think i'll let dh to be happy with his purchase for now, hopefully it will last for this trip @ $350 it is cheaper than we could have rented one for! i still find it hard to believe that the medical supply vendor ncl uses doesn't supply scooters in venice!!!

arwemark, good luck with your zipr hope you enjoy it. when we put the scooter together i thought it might be too short,[dh is 5'10] but fortunately on the middle setting its fine. i wonder if you could have another whole drilled in the post to raise the seat a smidge, know anyone with a drill press? we have one your welcome to use if you should find yourself in jersey lol

Archived