Luggage tags on Carnival

gusandgidgetsmom

Have not gone with Carnival since late 2007 and now am told no more paper documents or luggage tags to print. Where do we get luggage tags and how is check in done at POM? Someone said passports are scanned now instead of using counter assistants? Help please as I am one of those anal people that need to know before they go-besides I will have two grandchildren with me and one is ADD. Thank you.:)

Have not gone with Carnival since late 2007 and now am told no more paper documents or luggage tags to print. Where do we get luggage tags and how is check in done at POM? Someone said passports are scanned now instead of using counter assistants? Help please as I am one of those anal people that need to know before they go-besides I will have two grandchildren with me and one is ADD. Thank you.:)

What they mean by no more paper is that they don't mail you your tags any more. When you get your final boarding/payment email you go on line and at the bottom (on my browser) of the web page for your cruise information there's a link for baggage tags. It's a pdf file. So you save it to your computer then print out as many copies as you need. Your PVP will help you if you can't locate it. Good to put one inside each bag, just in case. Some crusiers then lamentate the outside luggage tags. I suggest, if you're flying in to wait until just before you head to the port to put your tags on the outside ( bring a small travel stapler, or a roll of clear packing tape) so they don't get ripped off.

I can't speak on boarding at POM.

I have been told if all else fails, that you can get tags when you check your bags in at the cruise terminal. I havent been able to find how to print them yet, so think that is what we will have to do. Helen.

The luggage tags at the port are similar to the ones you get at airline counters. You have to fill each one out, with all the details including cabin number and booking number.

If you go to www.carnival.com/mydocuments you'll get to the printout. You'll need your booking number, last name, ship name and sail date.

Archived