Shark Ray Alley w/ a 4 Year Old?

DRA

We are cruising on the NCL Sea next June and would love to do a bit of snorkling with my daughter. She is a very good swimmer, but has never snorkeled. We would love to do Shark Ray Alley. Is this possible? From what I read snorkeling on the reef maybe a little to rough for her with the currents, but Shark Ray Alley may be possible. Any ideas?

I just got off Carnival Elation and took the Shark Ray alley tour.

A boat picked us up at our ship and it was a very rough ride out to the snorkeling place. We where in the boat for over and hour going up and down. When we finally arrived to snorkel the current was so hard that we did not go to far from the boat and we had to stay together. There was 2 kids on our excursions about 10 and 12 and they are good swimmer too and had a very hard time. I would not suggest this tour for anyone with young kids. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Annie B. We went with Coral Breeze las February.

Even me, as someone who is an avid swimmer, snorkler and strong water person, I felt out of control on the water. It was very rough at the reef, something I've never experienced. I would not take a young child. You might however consider taking a water taxi to Caye Caulker and just relaxing for the day.

We were trying to do this but with the water taxi schedule and the ship schedule it just wasn't working. Or you could do the Caye Caulker water taxi service through Coral Breeze. That is probably what I would do next time. You could buy inexpensive snorkel gear and try some shallow snorkeling at the Split on Caye Caulker.

Archived