Should I use USAIR?

tracyg13

I would skip heading south to NYC, I would head north to Providence. Get a Southwest flight from PVD to MCO ($187 one way refundable anytime on 4/15). If you don't mind going about 1 hour north of that, go through BOS to MCO on JetBlue or Airtran (or you could always head to JFK for JetBlue as well)

I just checked availability on Southwest from PVD to MCO on April 15. What is available is a flight with a connection in BWI leaving 1140am and arriving 405pm at a price of $205.90 per person.

We have a Med. cruise out of Barcelona from May 25-June 4th. US Air has the best flights for us out of DFW at pretty good prices ($780/pp), but the problem is their stability. I read online that they are voting on Jan. 21st with their unions on price cuts, etc. If the unions vote yes, I may buy those tickets on US Air. If not, I may look at other airline. The problem is: not only does US Air have good prices for us, they also fly non-stop to Barcelona from Philadelphia - meaning I wouldn't haven't to layover or change planes in Europe. My other dilemma is that I have $600 in airline vouchers (need to use them by March) with American and 60,000 in miles but American has HORRIBLE connections to Barcelona - they require two stops - one in Miami and one in Madrid so I'm not real excited about using them.

I just checked availability on Southwest from PVD to MCO on April 15. What is available is a flight with a connection in BWI leaving 1140am and arriving 405pm at a price of $205.90 per person.

If you check for Thursday 4/14, there are even more flights available and some cheaper fares that are not fully refundable.

I am an employee of USAirways, and I say go for it. We are not going anywhere, and we would love to have your business. Everyting is all set for us, at least until June 30th. This whole thing in my opinion is giving us more time to restructure the airline, and set it off on a new course, which I think will work. There are many employees here at USAirways, that take our job seriously, want to see this all work out, and take care of our customers. Thank you for even considering us.

Mark

The worst thing that can happen is people avoiding the airline like the plague. It looks as though flights are going out pretty full which is good, as long as fuel costs continue to decline (albeit slowly). The only legitimate gripe I have with the airline is that I hate the uber long waits for baggage, especially in PHL.

When I booked for my flight to MIA in May, had I known US Air was going to be good until June, I probably would have booked it. Afterall, it was a lower price. But at the time I couldn't take the chance though! Oh, well - here's to hoping that the airline can recover as I'd hate to see thousands and thousands out of work.

Archived