My Belated Inaugural Valor Review 12/19th Pt1

dromMOM

I read your info about waiting until the last call for Customs. Now does that still apply to Canadians(who I know have to go to another area than the US Citizens to meet)?? Was that waiting until the last call, for your final disembarking in Miami, or St.Thomas???? Thanks and it sounded like you had a great time and I hope you post a bit more review of the cruise!

EDIT: I am on West.Caribb. leaving on Jan.23/05!!

I read your info about waiting until the last call for Customs. Now does that still apply to Canadians(who I know have to go to another area than the US Citizens to meet)?? Was that waiting until the last call, for your final disembarking in Miami, or St.Thomas???? Thanks and it sounded like you had a great time and I hope you post a bit more review of the cruise!

EDIT: I am on West.Caribb. leaving on Jan.23/05!!

Mary.. Canadians meet in the Theater area at the same time. Its comfortable you get to sit.. not like the US folk who mostly have to stand or sit on the floor.. So I dont think its the same. There were only 800 non US folk out of over 3000... so you wont have the same problem. The waiting for the last call was for St. Thomas.. I wasn't totally paying attention to the announcements for the NoN US when it came time to disembark in MIAMI.. Not to worry.. Josh will be on your television all night telling you what to do.. :eek:

To Josh or not to Josh..

The question of CD's is one that comes up.. Josh is a darling fellow from Philly.. Friendly, approachable.. we saw him off ship in St. Martin and he asked us all if we had a nice time..

But.. If he were in a Talent Comedy competition... :eek: His sense of humor is teenage goofy.. but even my 14year old said he could do better.. He was pleasant enough but is definitely not quick witted.. he tries hard but some CD's have an easier time coming up with witty things to keep us interested..

My only suggestion to Josh would be to leave the Voice effects to the kids...

I dont need to hear his sound effects impressions of Darth Vader and Alvin the Chipmunk!!! :rolleyes: We can do this at home on our own computer!!!

Josh is still young and I am sure will continue to grow as a CD.. OK he is not the BEST CD at sea.. but he is an awfully nice guy!

When we were on the Glory eastern itin, immigration for St Thomas was a breeze- they called you by deck # when they were ready for you---only took us 10 min. Too bad they didnt use the same proceedure for you guys.

Regarding the hair dryers- if you want to use the ship's, bring a rubber band to wrap around the button to hold it down- works great. But I found them not really strong if you have long hair, so I bring my own. And yes it does plug in just fine- no adaptor needed.

Just dug up all the capers from the Trip..

ok the Captains name is Giovanni Cutugno, and he seemed like a pleasant fella.. He introduced himself to us..

And managed to get on the speaker two minutes before it rained..lol

Our Hotel Director was Duncan Puttock.. and of Course the Director is Joshua Riffe.. and thats a LONG I in Riffe..fyi..

The Jazz trio is Chris Martall trio..

the soft dance music is with "Just Duet"

Dance music with DJ's 'Yves & Carlos..

The Rockin' party music ..with Flashy..

Piano Bar of Course with Ron Pass...BRING YOUR BOAS..

Classical Music..with "Ocean Dream"

Adult comedy with TC Tahoe( he did magic too)..and Jim Brick he was ok..and finally Lou Ramey from "Last Comic Standing" he was pretty funny..

The Main singers in the big show were Jeremy Rabe & Paula Creech with music by Rich Ellis.. and Orchestra..

Reggae Music by Cool Runnings..

Christopher Alan Graves starred in a tribute to Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis.. ( He was just so so)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived