Anything other than excursions?

kerri1jill

Needing advice from the people who have been to Belize before? My husband and I really don't want to do the cave tubing or myan ruins. And we are doing our beach day at Costa Maya. But I have ready that Belize is pretty rough and if you don't do a shore excursion you probably shouldn't venture too far outside of the cruise ship area?

We would like to get off the ship and maybe wander around for awhile, but if we aren't going to feel comfortable, we will probably just maybe get off and look around the ship area and then get back on.

It doesn't seem like there is very many shore excursions here, or alot of info about what to do other than the myan ruins or cave tubing.

Needing advice from the people who have been to Belize before? My husband and I really don't want to do the cave tubing or myan ruins. And we are doing our beach day at Costa Maya. But I have ready that Belize is pretty rough and if you don't do a shore excursion you probably shouldn't venture too far outside of the cruise ship area?

We would like to get off the ship and maybe wander around for awhile, but if we aren't going to feel comfortable, we will probably just maybe get off and look around the ship area and then get back on.

It doesn't seem like there is very many shore excursions here, or alot of info about what to do other than the myan ruins or cave tubing.

If you go out of the pier area, there are horse drwn carriages that'll take you around to sights in Belize City and nice place for lunch. You can Google for a web site, if you can't find information in these threads. Other than that, at least get off the ship, go to Wet Lizard, have a conch fritter and a Belkin beer and get your passport stamped.:)

Archived