Carnival Infant Questions

santacap

Is this answer correct? :D

My read of your post is that CCL does babysitting during "under 2" time.

I haven't heard of babysitting for a fee at any time before 10pm-ish.

Yes....

(From the Carnival Website--Family Fun Brochure)

Q- Do you have babysitting services?

A- Group babysitting is available evenings from 10:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. for

children 11 and under. The cost is $6 per hour, per child ($4 for each additional sibling); prices are subject to change. As there is no in-stateroom babysitting, all services take place at Camp Carnival headquarters.

In port, daytime babysitting is available for infants 2 and under from the time we arrive in port until noon. The same price structure applies. Port day activities for children 2 and up are complimentary. Times will vary.

And...

(From Carnival Website- FAQ)

Q- Is Camp Carnival available for children under 2?

A- Camp Carnival is unable to accept children UNDER the age of 2 during activity times. There are no age exceptions to this policy. We do not offer in-stateroom services. We do offer limited services for Under 2's each evening from 10:00pm-3:00am and during port times. These services are charged a fee. There are available times on sea day morning’s where the parent can come and play with the child (or drop off for a fee). Check onboard for specific ship details

:)

Wow another ressurected thread, this one from 2009! The OP 10 month-old son would now be 3 years old :). Some of the info has changed. Under 2 time is not noon-2pm on sea days anymore, now it's 8-10am. Port times are still the same for babysitting.

Well the answers to the original questions may have changed since then obviously, but the questions are still good ones for those of us that have babies. :D Anyway, thanks for the new info as to sea days.

We changed our Splendor cruise to the Magic for the same week you'll be on the Conquest. We will also be in Grand Caymen and Jamaica (Montego Bay). I think we're going to Sunset Beach at Montego Bay and Sting Rays and Turtles in GC. Have you decided what you're going to do with LO? Are you also flying in to your port? I wonder if we're going to be at our ports on the same days.

We are not flying, but driving to New Orleans from Missouri.

I think our itinerary is Montego Bay (5/2), Grand Cayman (5/3) and then Cozumel (5/4). I haven't decided what we are doing. We might use the pay babysitting in Jamaica and then just go to the shopping area or something close for an hour or two close to the pier.

We had fully intended to take advantage of the night-time babysitting, but fate intervened with us.

We took our 9mo DS on 2 tenders in January - GC and Belize. The staff helped us out on and off with no issues whatsoever. Took the stroller with DS in it right onto the tender!

Well the answers to the original questions may have changed since then obviously, but the questions are still good ones for those of us that have babies. :D Anyway, thanks for the new info as to sea days.

We are not flying, but driving to New Orleans from Missouri.

I think our itinerary is Montego Bay (5/2), Grand Cayman (5/3) and then Cozumel (5/4). I haven't decided what we are doing. We might use the pay babysitting in Jamaica and then just go to the shopping area or something close for an hour or two close to the pier.

That is our exact itinerary. I keep doing research on what to do in ports. I probably won't decide for sure until we're much closer to the cruise. Stingray City keeps sounding like a must do in GC. The Carnival excursion that includes this and Rum Point Beach is looking good. The beaches in GC are beautiful, so I want to make sure that we get some beach time in. I would really like to see the Mayan Ruins in Cozumel. I just don't know how our LO will do on such a long excursion. Same thing with excursions in MoBay. The fun ones seem too long.

Best Advice in this Thread... ;) Bring a blow up pool...big big hit with our GingerBaby...we could keep an eye on 11 yo while she was swimming and still keep Kinley entertained. We filled it up with 2-1/2 liters of water and then emptied it down the near by drain so as to not make the deck wetter or make more work for anyone.. worked like a charm.

IMG_1292.jpg.6d3154fbaa75330d18f69e75299dd394.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg.f569c42f31da77078a3c50961bb07a68.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Best Advice in this Thread... ;) Bring a blow up pool...big big hit with our GingerBaby...we could keep an eye on 11 yo while she was swimming and still keep Kinley entertained. We filled it up with 2-1/2 liters of water and then emptied it down the near by drain so as to not make the deck wetter or make more work for anyone.. worked like a charm.

Were you on the Magic for GingerBaby's first cruise. We will be with our Gia Belle on the Magic for her first cruise next month. I will definitely bring the blow up pool. We're flying in from CA, so I'm trying to be sure not to overpack. Any advice for "must brings?" Our daughter will be 13 months at time of sailing. You didn't happen to write a review of that cruise, did you? I find the reviews of fellow parents that travelled with their infant very helpful. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
That is our exact itinerary. I keep doing research on what to do in ports. I probably won't decide for sure until we're much closer to the cruise. Stingray City keeps sounding like a must do in GC. The Carnival excursion that includes this and Rum Point Beach is looking good. The beaches in GC are beautiful, so I want to make sure that we get some beach time in. I would really like to see the Mayan Ruins in Cozumel. I just don't know how our LO will do on such a long excursion. Same thing with excursions in MoBay. The fun ones seem too long.

I would NOT NOT NOT go to Tulum with your baby! We went in 2009 on the Legend through the Carnival excursion & it was just DH & myself... it is a 40 minute boat tender, then a 1 1/2 hour bus ride - each way... with ONE drink and ONE snack offered on the way back only. Once there, there is virtually NO cover and very very few trees. Everything is in the open and it is ungodly hot! I burned my eyelids - with sunscreen on! If you can find my review from the Legend in September 2009 on here, you can read about our excursions --- like I said, we didn't have kids with us (that time -- we WILL this time :D )..

I would NOT NOT NOT go to Tulum with your baby! Once there, there is virtually NO cover and very very few trees. Everything is in the open and it is ungodly hot! I burned my eyelids - with sunscreen on! If you can find my review from the Legend in September 2009 on here, you can read about our excursions --- like I said, we didn't have kids with us (that time -- we WILL this time :D )..

I agree!! We are from Texas, so we are used to the Heat..but the ruins were VERY HOT...we got so sunburned.. and the heat seems to radiate up from the ground... we were misrable...

Were you on the Magic for GingerBaby's first cruise. We will be with our Gia Belle on the Magic for her first cruise next month. I will definitely bring the blow up pool. We're flying in from CA, so I'm trying to be sure not to overpack. Any advice for "must brings?" Our daughter will be 13 months at time of sailing. You didn't happen to write a review of that cruise, did you? I find the reviews of fellow parents that travelled with their infant very helpful. Thanks!

I didnt make a list, I meant to.. but.. you know how it goes, I can ball park it tho.

GingerBaby, Kinley was 8mos at sailing

We took (but did not use all of)

*2 full size wipes,

*2 smaller (40ct) wipes (for diaper bag)

*about 80 diapers

*disposable changing pads (40)

*6 rolls of diaper disposal bags. (we put EVERY diaper in them, never smelled a diaper at all)

*2 pkgs BoogieWipes (not really for "boogies", but I use these for face/hand wipes after/during meals..I cant stand "goobery faces and hands")

*about 12 pouches of food, altho he mostly tryed new things from the buffett, and had mashed potatoes and chicken brest in the dining room at dinner

*about 6 spoons, 4bibs and some disposible bibs

*one container of "Puffs" (mango..his favorite)

*small container of cereal (he likes Quinoa, so I wanted to have something familiar incase he got cranky...didnt happen, but glad I had it)

*2 Extra Large Container powdered formula

*20 nursetts (=ready to feed 8 oz bottles sold in 6 packs)-these were easy to open 'on the go' -just screw a nipple on. also great for taking into port.

*A few small toys, snuggley toy (hes not a paci boy, so no need for that here)

*6 "burpy cloths" (decorated cloth dipaertype things for wiping drool--he uses these as lovies too)

*bottle brush, small squeeze bottle of Dapple bottle wash, small container of baby laundry soap (just in case)

**Baby Med Bag** (we do homeopathy when possible, western when necessary)--so--

Clove Teething Gel (Thank Goodness I brought teething stuff, he cut a tooth on formal night)

Natural Teething Drops

Natural (camamille) teething tablets

"Calming drops"

Hylands Sneezes n Sneezes

Gas Drops (baby maalox type)

Baby Tylonol

then the usual suspects, sunscreen (we use the mineral type formulated for baby), SPF coverup, hats, sunglasses, etc.

Chicco LiteWay Storller was a Great purchase and has become my favorite stoller (out of the 5 I have bought..)

~~~ I think thats it... I took too much of most things, but I figured Id really rather have had too much then run out.... so it all worked out. :)

Yall are gonna have FUN!!! The magic is so fun and the people in CC were very nice... be sure to use the FreePlay time (usually 8-10 on seadays) you can go and play with the toys, let baby get her wiggles out and there is no charge if you stay with her.. or you can drop her off for a fee...

I would NOT NOT NOT go to Tulum with your baby! We went in 2009 on the Legend through the Carnival excursion & it was just DH & myself... it is a 40 minute boat tender, then a 1 1/2 hour bus ride - each way... with ONE drink and ONE snack offered on the way back only. Once there, there is virtually NO cover and very very few trees. Everything is in the open and it is ungodly hot! I burned my eyelids - with sunscreen on! If you can find my review from the Legend in September 2009 on here, you can read about our excursions --- like I said, we didn't have kids with us (that time -- we WILL this time :D )..

Then we will have to put off Tulum until she's old enough to handle it. We've chosen to do Nachi. My husband was trying to tell me about the heat there. The fact that you burned your eyelids really puts the heat in perspective for me. I bought our Baby Belle an SPF 50 hat that covers her ears, neck, and head. It should arrive tomorrow, so I'm going to try and get her used to wearing it. I'm also going to look into some SPF swimsuit and clothes for her. With summer around the corner, I'm sure that I'll be able to get use of out of them. Enjoy your first family cruise! I know we will! :)

I didnt make a list, I meant to.. but.. you know how it goes, I can ball park it tho.

GingerBaby, Kinley was 8mos at sailing

We took (but did not use all of)

*2 full size wipes,

*2 smaller (40ct) wipes (for diaper bag)

*about 80 diapers

*disposable changing pads (40)

*6 rolls of diaper disposal bags. (we put EVERY diaper in them, never smelled a diaper at all)

*2 pkgs BoogieWipes (not really for "boogies", but I use these for face/hand wipes after/during meals..I cant stand "goobery faces and hands")

*about 12 pouches of food, altho he mostly tryed new things from the buffett, and had mashed potatoes and chicken brest in the dining room at dinner

*about 6 spoons, 4bibs and some disposible bibs

*one container of "Puffs" (mango..his favorite)

*small container of cereal (he likes Quinoa, so I wanted to have something familiar incase he got cranky...didnt happen, but glad I had it)

*2 Extra Large Container powdered formula

*20 nursetts (=ready to feed 8 oz bottles sold in 6 packs)-these were easy to open 'on the go' -just screw a nipple on. also great for taking into port.

*A few small toys, snuggley toy (hes not a paci boy, so no need for that here)

*6 "burpy cloths" (decorated cloth dipaertype things for wiping drool--he uses these as lovies too)

*bottle brush, small squeeze bottle of Dapple bottle wash, small container of baby laundry soap (just in case)

**Baby Med Bag** (we do homeopathy when possible, western when necessary)--so--

Clove Teething Gel (Thank Goodness I brought teething stuff, he cut a tooth on formal night)

Natural Teething Drops

Natural (camamille) teething tablets

"Calming drops"

Hylands Sneezes n Sneezes

Gas Drops (baby maalox type)

Baby Tylonol

then the usual suspects, sunscreen (we use the mineral type formulated for baby), SPF coverup, hats, sunglasses, etc.

Chicco LiteWay Storller was a Great purchase and has become my favorite stoller (out of the 5 I have bought..)

~~~ I think thats it... I took too much of most things, but I figured Id really rather have had too much then run out.... so it all worked out. :)

Yall are gonna have FUN!!! The magic is so fun and the people in CC were very nice... be sure to use the FreePlay time (usually 8-10 on seadays) you can go and play with the toys, let baby get her wiggles out and there is no charge if you stay with her.. or you can drop her off for a fee...

Thank you for taking the time to type all of that great info! I took your advice and ordered a blow up pool from Amazon, along with an SPF 50 hat, and a canopied floatie. The time is drawing near, and I've got to get in gear and start getting organized. With taxes this weekend, and Baby Belle's 1st Birthday next weekend---I feel like the cruise will get here before I know it. I just hope that I can be organized with packing. Thanks again for your time and info!

Then we will have to put off Tulum until she's old enough to handle it. We've chosen to do Nachi. My husband was trying to tell me about the heat there. The fact that you burned your eyelids really puts the heat in perspective for me. I bought our Baby Belle an SPF 50 hat that covers her ears, neck, and head. It should arrive tomorrow, so I'm going to try and get her used to wearing it. I'm also going to look into some SPF swimsuit and clothes for her. With summer around the corner, I'm sure that I'll be able to get use of out of them. Enjoy your first family cruise! I know we will! :)

We Love Nachi... and there is plenty of places to get out of the sun. I have seen little pop up shade things for the beach too... they look light weight..and compact... sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen... (make sure she is not sensitive to it before yougo..) thats why we ues the mineral kind, its very mild...mostly zinc oxide.

Thank you for taking the time to type all of that great info! I took your advice and ordered a blow up pool from Amazon, along with an SPF 50 hat, and a canopied floatie. The time is drawing near, and I've got to get in gear and start getting organized. With taxes this weekend, and Baby Belle's 1st Birthday next weekend---I feel like the cruise will get here before I know it. I just hope that I can be organized with packing. Thanks again for your time and info!

you'll get it all done. and then you can Relax!!

Happy Birthday to Belle!!!

(GingerBaby Kinleys 1st in at the End of May...Im already planning, just got all the decoations ordered last week... sailboats..they are so cute!!)

We Love Nachi... and there is plenty of places to get out of the sun. I have seen little pop up shade things for the beach too... they look light weight..and compact... sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen... (make sure she is not sensitive to it before yougo..) thats why we ues the mineral kind, its very mild...mostly zinc oxide.

What brand do you buy? Lately, I've been putting Neutrogena on her. It's a 30, and is very lightweight. I'm sure I'll need something more since we'll be in such intense sun. Did you do any excursions with Ginger Baby? If so, which did you do?

We can't wait to hang out at Nachi. How was it getting there for you? We're not bringing her carseat, so I'm hoping that the taxi driver is not a crazy driver.

you'll get it all done. and then you can Relax!!

Happy Birthday to Belle!!!

(GingerBaby Kinleys 1st in at the End of May...Im already planning, just got all the decoations ordered last week... sailboats..they are so cute!!)

I can't believe how quickly this past year has flown by! Have fun planning Ginger Baby Kinleys 1st birthday! Gia Belle's grandma is throwing hers. She loves doing things like that. I just bought her birthday dress, and I'm hoping that it's just as cute online as it is in person!

What swimsuit brand do you recommend for babies?

What swimsuit brand do you recommend for babies?

Since Gingerababy Kinley is a Blonde/Ginger and Fair complected I get him the s

Suimsuits with the protection built in. I buy iPlay brand. Hes on his third one cuz he is growing so quickly. Several styles (both boys and girls) have the diaper (Health Dept approved containment system) built in. Still cant swim on cruise ships , but some states require them (Tx, where we live does not...ewww)

What brand do you buy? Lately, I've been putting Neutrogena on her. It's a 30, and is very lightweight. I'm sure I'll need something more since we'll be in such intense sun. Did you do any excursions with Ginger Baby? If so, which did you do?

I

Will have to look again. ( I keep it in my car ) i think it may be Neutragena...its in a beige tube with a pink stripe. ay be 45... its mineral (zinc) and non-perfumed (important to me- l dont tolerate strong flowery fregrances)

We Love Nachi... been going there for years. They are so nice. Clean, uncrowded, quiet beach. Remember to take a towel.

Cozumel taxi drivers are All crazy drivers...but they seem to know what they are doing...lol. Just Hold On!! ;)

With the baby, this last time, in Cozumel we did the SubOcean View..its the SemiSub...He (& our 11yr old niece) Loved it! Not too long, lots of fishes and bubbles to see...he was laughing the whole time. (I have pics posted on anither thread) then we hung out at Ponchos BackYard at the pier ( our favorite) and Kinley took a long long nap in the stroller ( thank goodness for that stroller!)

I hopped on the 'real computer' to copy the pics of the 'sub'over for you...

hope this helps... it was like $49per person... (under 3 free--Bonus!!)

its the SubOcean View... not the 'real' sub (which is cool, we did it in GrandCayman, but this one is great for the tinytots)

sub.jpg.d7f1c06ad7f081d51619d52e26120ac6.jpg

sub1.jpg.76ce05e481780d5b3ce31ade6484e36a.jpg

sub2.jpg.62a78dec595d0f867622a2a756f35a7d.jpg

sub3.jpg.ee9726914f81d632de28d319a41fadb7.jpg

I

Will have to look again. ( I keep it in my car ) i think it may be Neutragena...its in a beige tube with a pink stripe. ay be 45... its mineral (zinc) and non-perfumed (important to me- l dont tolerate strong flowery fregrances)

sorry to 'quote' myself..seems a bit selfserving ;)

I double checked...

its

Aveeno Baby.

SPF/UFP 30

Archived