Visa Points Question

amybeth4

Hey all,

So for my upcoming cruise I cashed in 15,000 points, which I've never done before. I got the certificates and mailed them back to RCI at the end of August. My cruise is Nov. 1.

Will the credits show up somewhere? I know when it's a credit back from RCI (say, from a price drop), you don't see it until day 2 of the cruise. Don't the Visa points show up before?

Besides getting into RCI's site to view my reservation, I can also view it through Cruising Power so if a TA out there knows where if it'll be on CP and where to find it, please let me know. I couldn't find any mention of any kind of credit (in the generic sense) on either site.

Thanks! :)

I called RCCL this morning to check on our Royal Points (we booked directly with RCCL). He checked and confirmed that yes they were posted to our account (OBC) and emailed a new copy of our confirmation, which I received by the time I hung up with phone.

It does not show in the 'left side' -- which is what your cruise is costing you and payments made. But in the left side, in code, is the OBC.

Does this help?

James, yes it helps a lot, thank you! It sounds like the credit will only be on the PDF that RCI emails, and not on my reservation on their website.

Just out of curiousity, when did you mail them and when are you crusing?

Thanks!

AmyBeth - yes, that's what we have found. Just on the confirmation but not on the online reservation. I just copy the confirmation and bring it along. We requested the certificates from the bank around the first of September. Received and sent on to RCCL September 8th - with a 'Receipt Requested' - so know they received in Wichita on September 10th. Just called this morning to make sure they were on our account. We sail two weeks from today - October 11th.

We've done it before and never had a problem. Always received quickly from the Bank and always posted to our account. Works good, as far as we're concerned.

Archived