How do you pack necklaces without them tangling and knotting?

Beanie01

I have a small plastic snap lid box that I got from a jeweler when I bought a necklace. It has snaps that I put my chains thru, then I attach my earrings to the necklace. It seems to work fine. I usually only take one white gold and one yellow gold and change out the slides as I need to.

Funny story. Going thru X-ray, on the ship, I got pulled out of line so they could take a closer look in my suitcase. He wanted to know if I had brass knuckes in there. I said "noooooo". So we went thru things and, nothing. We're scratching our heads. Finally he says " Do you have jewelry?" yes I do I said. "Are all your rings lined up?" yes. Mystery solved. My jewelry travel thingy has ring slots, and they were all in a row. On an x ray it looks like brass knuckles! Whew, thought for a second there I was in trouble. I guess at 5 feet tall, late 50's , and blond I just looked like a thug. LOL

Funny story. Going thru X-ray, on the ship, I got pulled out of line so they could take a closer look in my suitcase. He wanted to know if I had brass knuckes in there. I said "noooooo". So we went thru things and, nothing. We're scratching our heads. Finally he says " Do you have jewelry?" yes I do I said. "Are all your rings lined up?" yes. Mystery solved. My jewelry travel thingy has ring slots, and they were all in a row. On an x ray it looks like brass knuckles! Whew, thought for a second there I was in trouble. I guess at 5 feet tall, late 50's , and blond I just looked like a thug. LOL

That's a funny story! By the way, I like your signature picture about an umbrella in my drink. I copied it and printed it in color and have it hanging up just outside my office cubicle wall.

Get a drinking straw and "thread" your chain thru it....then hook the clasp. You may have to cut the straw shorter in order to re-clasp the chain, but it will keep them from knotting!

I have used this idea before and it really does work well.

I also will place my chains in separate baggies with the matching earrings and bracelet, etc. I will tape one end of the chain on one side of the baggie, and tape the other end on the opposite side. It prevents knotting because the two ends cannot get knotted up.

I have used this idea before and it really does work well.

I also will place my chains in separate baggies with the matching earrings and bracelet, etc. I will tape one end of the chain on one side of the baggie, and tape the other end on the opposite side. It prevents knotting because the two ends cannot get knotted up.

Simple. And brilliant. I love this idea. Thanks!:p

i am a JEWELRY FANATIC...feel i have to take EVERYTHING and MORE...cruise last year in september i did and was stopped at the airport

security...EXCESSIVE METAL content so they took me aside (jewelry all packed in the individual little baggies and then put in my small jewelry tote) and started to take them all out and spread them all out on the table....boy what a pain that was...even started to go thru some of the baggies and MESS up my GREAT packing system......lol....well the cruise last dec i did the same but took less and i was OKAY...but boy sometimes that jewelry tends to WEIGH alot...i carry it in my "personal" carry-on and its amazing how light weight it was without it.....

i take less now but still take MORE i just cant decide sometimes and i want that CHOICE---heck i have all this GREAT jewelry and i hate to leave it at HOME!!!--oh specially when it goes so well with my outfits!!

Archived