ziplining in och rios

sugarsmacks

Was wondering if any of the places that you zip line at have stairs up to the platforms or do you have to climb poles or blocks on trees? One of the lady's in our group (80yr. old) would love to zip line but needs stairs. She did zip lining in Costa Rica but, it was hard because she had to climb up to the platform. She is also looking to see which places have more lines.

Was wondering if any of the places that you zip line at have stairs up to the platforms or do you have to climb poles or blocks on trees? One of the lady's in our group (80yr. old) would love to zip line but needs stairs. She did zip lining in Costa Rica but, it was hard because she had to climb up to the platform. She is also looking to see which places have more lines.

are you in Ocho Rios or Mobay? It makes a difference....we have done both...in mobay, the original canopy tour in mobay was more difficult..but there was stairs of somewhat. however it is a rocky uphill climb. it was the greatest zip line we have done and by far the most beautiful.

mystic mountin in ocho rios was beautiful too. we did the tranopy. there was a zip line too...this would be the easiest to do. i don't believe it to be as good as the one in chukka park out of mobay, but it was still beautiful...and the tranopy was a great deal. the sky chair up the mountain was a beautiful peaceful ride with awesome views from the top. great photo op from the lookout tower as well....requires climing stairs. not sure if there was an elevator or not.

hope that helps.

Thanks Almost Packed. Do you ride the sky chair to get to the zip lining? It sounds like Mobay is nicer but, I am not sure about the rocky uphill climb. Do you remember how many lines they have? When we were in Belize they had stairs leading to each platform. That is much easier then climbing on boards nailed to trees. Thanks for your input.

Thanks Almost Packed. Do you ride the sky chair to get to the zip lining? It sounds like Mobay is nicer but, I am not sure about the rocky uphill climb. Do you remember how many lines they have? When we were in Belize they had stairs leading to each platform. That is much easier then climbing on boards nailed to trees. Thanks for your input.

at either place, OR & Mobay, there were NO ladders to climb.

yes, you ride the lift chair (like a ski lift) to the top. It was a beautiful sight. It was very relaxing, about 10-15 minute ride. If you book the tranopy (lift, bobsled and zip lines) you can ride the lift unlimited amount of times in which dh & i did. we took great pics.

I do not remember exactly how many zips there was. however, i do believe the one in O.R. will be easier for you to do, as it was not steep and as rugged as Mobay. Maybe there were 5 zip lines...sorry I cannot remember exactly how many. I do remember at the time, booking through the ship was cheaper than walk up.

the resturant at the top of the shop was good but a bit pricey we thought for what we had.

you can spend the afternoon here...there's a little pool and small slide to play on as well as some Jamaican history.

Thanks again Almost Packed. I will let the lady know in our group about OR being easier. She was also thinking about doing Dunn River Falls with some of us. I see that you are going on the Liberty. That is the ship we are going on in January. I can't wait.

Thanks again Almost Packed. I will let the lady know in our group about OR being easier. She was also thinking about doing Dunn River Falls with some of us. I see that you are going on the Liberty. That is the ship we are going on in January. I can't wait.

yes, we were on the Liberty this year, and booked her again for next year. we have some family going on their first cruise, and this is a great iten. for them.

i have heard that dunns river falls is pretty strenuous...so you may want to research that a bit more for sure. there are steps i have read that walk alongside for others that do not wish to climb the falls.

Archived