Israel 2-Day Tour

Cruiser Cats

We will be arriving in Haifa on a Saturday and departing from Asdod on Sunday via cruise ship. I am trying to fit in as much as we can into the 2 days, while being realistic.

It seems as though the guides have fairly set itineraries. I am trying to figure out what makes sense to do each day. The second day is currently too full. I'm hoping someone out there can provide some advice.

On the first day from Haifa, we want to see Mount Carmel, Nazareth, Sea of Galilee, Cana, Capernaum, Tabgha. Before going to our hotel in Jerusalem, could we spend time in Bethlehem or go to the Dead Sea? This would free up time for the second day to spend in Jerusalem, before heading to our ship in Asdod.

The tours guides have indicated that Bethlehem and/or The Dead Sea would be done on Day 2. But that's just too full. I'd rather drop something from Day 1.

Any advice is appreciated!

We did the reverse of your tour starting in Ashdod. Day 1 we went to Mesada, the Dead Sea and Jerusalem where we spent the night. Day 2 we did your day 1 sights and even worked in a nice lunch on the Sea of Galilee. Since Israel is a small country, travel time is not that great. We are not in depth tourers and don't feel we have to spend hours at each place, so it worked well for us. Some of the sights are small and don't require alot of time unless you need detailed history and explanations. We dearly loved Israel and would love to go back.

Carol

Cruiser Cat

No we did not include Bethlehem. We wanted to spend more time in Jerusalem after visiting Masasa and the Dead Sea. It is my understanding there is a church in Bethlehem and a marker where the stable was supposed to be. Unless you want to go for the spiritual nature of the place, sometimes the sites are short on physical things. It is a personal choice.

Carol

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been able to arrange a tour with Alon, at Guided Tours Israel www.GuidedToursIsrael.com that includes:

We will pick you up as soon as you exit the ship at the port of Haifa (look for the sign with your name on it). We will start with an overview of the Haifa bay from the top of Mount Carmel and a panoramic look over the Baha'i Gardens. We will then drive north along Israel’s scenic coastal shore via the plain of Armageddon to Nazareth. In Nazareth we will visit the Church of Annunciation. We will continue via Kafer Cana and Mount Tabor to the Sea of Galilee, and Yardenit (the site of baptism) and the Jordan River. We will drive via Bet Shean to the Dead Sea for an afternoon float in the healthy waters at the lowest place on earth. In the evening we will safely take you to your hotel in Jerusalem where you can spend a free evening on your own.

For our second day, we will start with a visit to Bethlehem and the Nativity Church. We will continue to a panoramic overview from the Mount of Olives, overlooking Jerusalem's new city and the Temple Mount Esplanade of the old city. Then we will travel along the Kidron Valley to view the Garden of Gethsemane and the walls of the city. We will enter the old city via the Armenian Quarter to discover the The Western (Wailing) Wall square and continue via the local Bazaar to the Christian Quarter, the Stations of the Cross (Via Dolorosa) and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher - the site of the crucifixion. We will walk along the 1700 year old Byzantine main street, the Cardo and the renovated Jewish Quarter. We will ascend mount Zion to visit the Hall of the last supper & David's tomb. We will also include a drive through the new-city highlights, including the Knesset, Menorah site, and government buildings. In the afternoon we will visit the the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial and will then safely take you back to the ship in time for departure.

Although he can do most of the tour and deliver us back to the ship the first night, we are opting to stay overnight in Jerusalem to have more time.

(Sorry this posted twice, I couldn't figure out how to delete it!)

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been able to arrange a tour with Alon, at Guided Tours Israel www.GuidedToursIsrael.com that includes:

We will pick you up as soon as you exit the ship at the port of Haifa (look for the sign with your name on it). We will start with an overview of the Haifa bay from the top of Mount Carmel and a panoramic look over the Baha'i Gardens. We will then drive north along Israel’s scenic coastal shore via the plain of Armageddon to Nazareth. In Nazareth we will visit the Church of Annunciation. We will continue via Kafer Cana and Mount Tabor to the Sea of Galilee, and Yardenit (the site of baptism) and the Jordan River. We will drive via Bet Shean to the Dead Sea for an afternoon float in the healthy waters at the lowest place on earth. In the evening we will safely take you to your hotel in Jerusalem where you can spend a free evening on your own.

For our second day, we will start with a visit to Bethlehem and the Nativity Church. We will continue to a panoramic overview from the Mount of Olives, overlooking Jerusalem's new city and the Temple Mount Esplanade of the old city. Then we will travel along the Kidron Valley to view the Garden of Gethsemane and the walls of the city. We will enter the old city via the Armenian Quarter to discover the The Western (Wailing) Wall square and continue via the local Bazaar to the Christian Quarter, the Stations of the Cross (Via Dolorosa) and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher - the site of the crucifixion. We will walk along the 1700 year old Byzantine main street, the Cardo and the renovated Jewish Quarter. We will ascend mount Zion to visit the Hall of the last supper & David's tomb. We will also include a drive through the new-city highlights, including the Knesset, Menorah site, and government buildings. In the afternoon we will visit the the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial and will then safely take you back to the ship in time for departure.

Although he can do most of the tour and deliver us back to the ship the first night, we are opting to stay overnight in Jerusalem to have more time.

Archived