MLB Playoff scores

atog254

All I can add to this is sports is a TOTAL crapshoot on a cruise. Whatever you get is a bonus, so please don't get your hopes up. When you are sure a game will be on it rarely is. When someone on CC tells you will get this or that don't believe it. I can't tell you how many times I've been disappointed over the years. The sports bar bartenders catch so much abuse. I've finally come to accept it. At least that's what I tell myself.

Only 9 more wins! REPEAT!

Well, we are heading out in an hour. Will be on board Carnival Fantasy on Monday. If I can, will let you know the sports situation when we get on board.

Go Phillies!

Steve :D

I will pay the bartenders good money to put on the World Series in the sports bar if the Phils should make it, especially if they end up playing the Yankees. I'm leaving on the 25th on the Pride and am looking forward to watching the games with other phans. My husband isn't into it like I am (two of my family members work for the Phillies).

And you're right, even though we're the world champs, the Phils are the underdogs. That's why they're on in the middle of the afternoon instead of the prime time slots. It's not so bad for me as a SAHM, but I have a lot of family members and friends who played hookey yesterday to go to the game!

Let's go Phils!

And you're right, even though we're the world champs, the Phils are the underdogs. That's why they're on in the middle of the afternoon instead of the prime time slots.

It's not that they are underdogs in the game. The networks do not like Philadelphia, period. If they have a choice between the Yankees (A-Rod and Jeter), Dodgers (Manny), Cards (Pujols) and the Phillies to show anywhere near prime time, the Phils will usually not be chosen. Even when ESPN picks up the game during the regular season, it's usually because of who the Phils are playing, not the Phils themselves.

Don't think that Fox Sports wasn't pissed off last year that the WS was between Philadelphia and Tampa Bay. They can't stand Philadelphia and Tampa can't get their own citizens to show up for their games. They were rooting for Dodgers and Red Sox for sure! The only thing they like about having Philadelphia on (and this goes for the Eagles too) is that it give them a chance to bring up Santa Claus everytime a fan boos! I could just scream!!!

Just to clairify FOX feeds will be on when the ship is at various ports? Do the cabins get this channel? I wasn't thinking when I booked the cruise that it was during the WS. Sorry, not a Phillies fan. Red Sox

Not a Phillies fan here, either (I'd say "Go Cubs," but I'll save it for "next year") :)

I don't remember if FOX comes through in port...definitely at sea and definitely in the cabin. I still have a small mark on my forehead from where I burned myself with a flat iron when I tried to watch the Cubs on FOX Saturday Baseball while trying to get ready for formal night. And I definitely remember watching American Idol in my cabin a few months earlier.

But all of the network channels seem to come and go in port (sometimes the feed goes out). I don't think it's blacked out, though, in port. If it goes out, it's a signal thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Returned from our cruise on Saturday (Carnival Fantasy) and were able to watch the games at the sports bar! 4 big screen TV's

Once I mentioned our cabin door, everyone had seen it before the games were on. Had a great time and got a few free beers to honor our sign!

Phil's are now 3 / 1 over Dodgers! One more for the WS

By the way, we wore our Phils T-shirts on shore and was stopped many times by locals and asked to trade right off my back. Could have traded for just about anything. Ended up bargaining for a really good guyaberra dress shirt for only $20 and my sweaty red t-shirt vs $85

I suggest going to the local Goodwill and buying a few cheap and then use them for trading in Mexico.

Good Shopping!

Steve (Cntrl Delaware) :cool:

Returned from our cruise on Saturday (Carnival Fantasy) and were able to watch the games at the sports bar! 4 big screen TV's

Once I mentioned our cabin door, everyone had seen it before the games were on. Had a great time and got a few free beers to honor our sign!

Phil's are now 3 / 1 over Dodgers! One more for the WS

By the way, we wore our Phils T-shirts on shore and was stopped many times by locals and asked to trade right off my back. Could have traded for just about anything. Ended up bargaining for a really good guyaberra dress shirt for only $20 and my sweaty red t-shirt vs $85

I suggest going to the local Goodwill and buying a few cheap and then use them for trading in Mexico.

Good Shopping!

Steve (Cntrl Delaware) :cool:

Oh my God...really?!? That is sooooo cool. Phillies phans everywhere. Nice to know the games were on in the sports bar. I'll be on Miracle for games 6 and 7 of the WS so it's good to know Maguire's should have the game on. Of course, there isn't gonna be games 6 and 7, are there??? GO PHILS

Archived