Inspiration Questions

JDCMN

Hello!

I’ll be sailing on the Inspiration in a month (can’t wait!) and while I’ve been on Carnival before, I’ve never been on the Inspiration so have some questions.

Okay, here goes -

• Does the Inspiration have the Behind the Fun Tour yet?

I know it was mentioned that they’re planning to have the tours on all their ships by the end of December and wasn’t sure how fast they were moving along with it or if they got to the Inspiration yet.

• Which dining room is Your Time Dining in - Mardi Gras or Carnivale?

I’m hoping it’s the Carnivale dining room since that’s the first Carnival ship I was on. :)

• Where are the ping pong tables located and where do you get the equipment? Are they usually available?

• Does the Inspiration participate in the On Deck for the Cure walk?

I know it’s usually on 7+ day cruises although they had it on the 5 day Destiny last year so thought the 5 day Inspiration may have it too.

• When do they start decorating the ship for Christmas? Do you think the ship will be decorated as early as the first week in November or am I totally pushing it??? :o

• Is the big slide totally enclosed (like a tube) the whole way? Does it extend out over the sea? Is it something an adult would enjoy?

• Has anyone participated in the Morning Sunrise Stretch on the Lido deck at 7:30 a.m.? If so, your thoughts on doing it?

• Has anyone attended the Gemstone seminar? In your opinion, is it worth going to?

• What is your experience with the tender process in Grand Cayman? Smooth / long lines / fast / slow?

Thanks so much for your replies!

Happy Sailing! :)

Hello!

• Does the Inspiration have the Behind the Fun Tour yet?

Not as of 4 weeks ago, it did not.

• Which dining room is Your Time Dining in - Mardi Gras or Carnivale?

It was in Mardi Gras dining room 4 weeks ago.

• Where are the ping pong tables located and where do you get the equipment? Are they usually available?

They are up one deck over the lido deck, on the catwalk area that leads from camp carnival to the waterslide area. You get the equiptment at the towel signout area by the pool.

• Does the Inspiration participate in the On Deck for the Cure walk?

Not that I saw.

• When do they start decorating the ship for Christmas? Do you think the ship will be decorated as early as the first week in November or am I totally pushing it??? :o

Last year , Liberty was Decorated for Christmas the first week of December. We sailed Thanksgiving, and it was not done yet. I think you are too early.

• Is the big slide totally enclosed (like a tube) the whole way? Does it extend out over the sea? Is it something an adult would enjoy?

My husband loved it. It is covered the entire way, except for the bottom.

• Has anyone participated in the Morning Sunrise Stretch on the Lido deck at 7:30 a.m.? If so, your thoughts on doing it?

Nope. I am at the bar looking for a morning bloody mary about this time.

• Has anyone attended the Gemstone seminar? In your opinion, is it worth going to?

never went

• What is your experience with the tender process in Grand Cayman? Smooth / long lines / fast / slow?

Tenders into GC are fine. You tend to wait more for the return tender.

Happy Sailing! :)

Hope that was helpful to you :)

SEVEN WEEKS FROM TODAY I will be on Inspiration!!!

However, there were just a couple of your questions I wanted to address:

Christmas Decor: We sailed Destiny the week of Thanksgiving last year and the ship was already decorated. I do, however, think you're "pushing it" for the first week of November, but if it's there, it would be a nice surprise, no? :)

Gems: I have been to this talk and was extremely glad I did it. The guy (Eddie who is no longer with Carnival--we were on his last cruise) taught us how to look through a loupe, how to understand the various types of gemstones--sapphires and tanzanites vary in quality just like diamonds. He told us where to go if we wanted "x" kind of stone, jewelry, etc.

If you are interested in shopping for jewelry either at a port of call or in "every day life", you might want to attend.

My experience: I took what I had learned (he taught us how to look in the stores even and what to say, etc.). I didn't have unlimited amounts of money to spend, but I wanted *something* while in Cozumel.

I did exactly what he told me. And then I took my $100 coupon after negotiating the best price and pulled that out of my purse. The guy at the store said, "Wow, you're good." LOL... AND when I showed it to Eddie after I'd returned to the ship, he said that my ring would appraise for double what I paid.

When I looked at other stores, I would ask for a loupe, look through it properly and without fail, every salesperson exclaimed, "YOU know what you're doing!" :)

So that's my story... sorry a bit long. If it does interest you, you'll take away knowledge that will always serve you.

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime."

"Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime."

Wow, you quoted my favorite quote of all time! :)

Thanks, Debra, for that excellent information. I'm also looking for a little "something". I'm glad you found your treasure in Cozumel and I hope you have a wonderful time on your upcoming cruise!

Wow, you quoted my favorite quote of all time! :)

Thanks, Debra, for that excellent information. I'm also looking for a little "something". I'm glad you found your treasure in Cozumel and I hope you have a wonderful time on your upcoming cruise!

AWWWW! Thanks :)

Here's a picture of my little something. It was my 50th b'day present to me... Gold for 50, Sapphire for my birthstone. My local jeweler says they've never seen anything like it, and based on the 50/birthstone tradition I just did for my sister for HER 50th b'day at that jewelry store for nearly the same money, I got a whole lot more WOW in Cozumel...

DSC01056.jpg

P.S., The coupon came in my mailbox, and it is almost assuredly because I went to the talk and then went to his "desk" on the Promenade and "registered" for something. HTH!!

So what store did you find the gorgeous ring?

It was at Diamonds International in Cozumel. It's a sapphire with single-point diamonds around the perimeter and on the shoulders of the ring. They told me the sapphire was the equivalent of 1.5 carats.

There is a lot of fun shopping in Cozumel. Diamonds International, Tanzanite International... you'll get a whole list of who to see for what if you go to the shopping talk. (Yes, they show it over and over on the television, but then you don't get a chance to win free/fun stuff.)

Hope that helps!

We sailed the Inspiration last year on November 17th and they had just decorated the ship for Christmas that morning before sailing. What a great surprise it was.

We are sailing on the Inspiration this year on November 2nd and can't wait. If its anything like last year, it will be great.

Wow reading a lot of what everyone has to say about cruises. This will be my first time and I am going with my 3 teenagers. I would love any tips and things to know about the ship, ports and must do's. We will be on the Feb 13 2010 Carnival Inspiration ship. The Two Ports are Gand Cayman and Cozumel, we will be going to Busch Gardens the day we leave the ship. I want this to be a vacation to remember! :)

Wow reading a lot of what everyone has to say about cruises. This will be my first time and I am going with my 3 teenagers. I would love any tips and things to know about the ship, ports and must do's. We will be on the Feb 13 2010 Carnival Inspiration ship. The Two Ports are Gand Cayman and Cozumel, we will be going to Busch Gardens the day we leave the ship. I want this to be a vacation to remember! :)

I'll be on the Inspiration Feb 13, 2010 too. It looks like a great ship to sail on and I cannot wait.

I'm interested in the piano bar and of course who the cruise director is. Should be a wonderful cruise!

We sailed the Inspiration last year and Did Nachi too we loved this ship and everything about the whole cruise that we booked it again this year. We are doing Nachi again as well!! We are taking my two sisters this time. I am very excited!! I hope they like whole experience as much as we did.!!!! great great time!!!

I'll be on the Inspiration Feb 13, 2010 too. It looks like a great ship to sail on and I cannot wait.

I'm interested in the piano bar and of course who the cruise director is. Should be a wonderful cruise!

Just back off the Inspiration Saturday. Had a great time on a great ship. Can't say much about the piano bar, just not my thing.

The cruise director is Skip Lyons. This was our third time on two different ships with him. He is beyond funny and a nice guy to boot.

• 4 weeks later...

Just returned from the Inspiration 5 day and will answer my own questions :) in case anyone else had the same ones:

• Does the Inspiration have the Behind the Fun Tour yet? Yes, it's $55 and lasts about 2 1/2 hours. We saw the engine control room, the galley, the bridge, crew lounge and training area and environmental control. Tour gifts included a hat, lanyard, fun for all rubber bracelet, group picture with the captain and a plate of goodies from the chef waiting in the cabin when we got back.
  • Which dining room is Your Time Dining in - Mardi Gras or Carnivale? Mardi Gras
  • Where are the ping pong tables located and where do you get the equipment? The tables are located on the Verandah deck, one up from the Lido on each side.
  • Does the Inspiration participate in the On Deck for the Cure walk? Unfortunately, no.
  • When do they start decorating the ship for Christmas? Do you think the ship will be decorated as early as the first week in November or am I totally pushing it??? :o I definitely pushed it and there were no Christmas decorations! LOL
  • Is the big slide totally enclosed (like a tube) the whole way? Just about. Does it extend out over the sea? No. Is it something an adult would enjoy? Didn't have the opportunity to try the slide.
  • Has anyone participated in the Morning Sunrise Stretch on the Lido deck at 7:30 a.m.? The morning sunrise stretch was moved to the Spa so since we wanted to be in the open air, we didn't attend this and walked the track instead.
  • Has anyone attended the Gemstone seminar? In your opinion, is it worth going to? Only attended for a short time although if you're planning on buying jewelry, it seemed like it would be helpful.
  • What is your experience with the tender process in Grand Cayman? Smooth / long lines / fast / slow? We had a Carnival booked excursion and the tender process went very smoothly.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks Jeanine,

I have a question for you about the Behind the Scenes tour. Where and when did you sign up for it? I have a 12 yo son, do yo think kids whould enjoy it? Was it worth the $55?

Thanks in advance!

Lori

I have a question for you about the Behind the Scenes tour. Where and when did you sign up for it? I have a 12 yo son, do yo think kids whould enjoy it? Was it worth the $55?

Good morning Lori, The first thing I should mention is that the tour information indicates the minimum age is 13 years so your son may not be able to go on the tour. You sign up for the tour at the shore excursion desk (in the same lobby area where you first get on the ship) so I'm sure you can check with them about the age restriction.

With that being said, it's limited to only 16 guests (which we had learned about on Cruise Critic!) so we went directly to the shore excursion desk when we first boarded and were able to get the first two tickets.

It's hard to answer your question about kids liking it since I don't know what interests your son has. If he's into technical things, then he may enjoy the engine control room, the environmental area and of course, the bridge. I thought the galley was interesting due to the volume of food that's produced!

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that we also went up on the main stage where they explained the lighting, sound and special effects. Then we went back stage to see the costumes and changing areas.

Yes, we felt it was worth the $55 and we enjoyed the getting some of the behind the scenes "inside scoop". :)

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

Thanks for getting back so quickly!

That is too bad about the age limit, I think he would have really liked it. It sounds right up his alley and mine. I work for an industrial electronics repair facility. We both get into the mechanics of things. I may try to get them to let him do it. Plus he is a very good cook. He has been since he was about 10 years old. I know he would be in awe of the volume of food.

I am glad to see that it is $55 because I have seen before that it was $95. We will definetley go straight to the excursions desk as soon as we get on.

Thank again for all the info!

Lori

Just back off the Inspiration Saturday. Had a great time on a great ship. Can't say much about the piano bar, just not my thing.

The cruise director is Skip Lyons. This was our third time on two different ships with him. He is beyond funny and a nice guy to boot.

We couldn't go into the Piano Bar due to the heavy smoke (even when empty) but we loved he CD...he was just right.

It's $55 and 2 1/2 hours on the shorter cruises and $95 and 3 1/2 hours on the longer cruises.

Hope they let your son go since it sounds perfect for the both of you - good luck and have a great cruise!

In August the piano bar guy was Barry Miller. Stupendous! He deserved tips but I don't think people realize that they were supposed to tip.

There's been some questions here about the Walk for the Cure. While I'm not any kind of "insider", I just wanted to say that I *think* they are changing charities on Carnival.

I read something a week or so ago on John Heald's blog that they are affiliated somehow with St. Jude's Children's Hospital. The way it was worded--to me--made it sound like there might be something in the works for St. Jude.

I could be totally wrong, here, but that's what it sounded like to me!

Debra

Archived