Canadian Thanksgiving

librarycin

Hi! I'm from Canada, and I will be taking a Canada/New England cruise, departing from New York City next Saturday.

That means our cruise will be over Canadian Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if there will be anything special - a turkey dinner or something - planned for Canadian Thanksgiving? I'm hoping so, especially since our cruise is a Canada/New England one.

On the day, Monday, October 12, we will be at sea between Boston and Halifax.

Thanks!

I'm sorry but I'd be willing to say NO... nothing to celebrate your Thanksgiving. My DD is 1/2 Canadian and she loves getting two turkey days!

On a plus side when she and I cruised on the Sun in May to Alaska they served a ton of British food such as kippers, baked beans and broiled tomatoes for breakfast. The ship had hundreds of Brits. I know NCL is sensitive to varying Countries preferences but don't have a clue about Canadian T-Day. Perhaps you can check the main dining room menu for the evening and choose to go to a Specialty restaurant for that special celebration. Have a great cruise and let us know if your T-Day is celebrated on that ship.:)

Perhaps you can check the main dining room menu for the evening and choose to go to a Specialty restaurant for that special celebration. Have a great cruise and let us know if your T-Day is celebrated on that ship.:)

Thanks to both of you for your comments.

Winnie, that is what I was originally thinking I'd do. Check the main dining room menu or go to a specialty restaurant. I've already bought a pumpkin pie to eat here at home ahead of time... :)

Hi! I'm from Canada, and I will be taking a Canada/New England cruise, departing from New York City next Saturday.

That means our cruise will be over Canadian Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if there will be anything special - a turkey dinner or something - planned for Canadian Thanksgiving? I'm hoping so, especially since our cruise is a Canada/New England one.

On the day, Monday, October 12, we will be at sea between Boston and Halifax.

Thanks!

Last year we happened to be on the Sun for both Canadian and American Thanksgiving Days October 12th and November 25th - it was an extended and wonderful 45 day cruise. Even though I mentioned (the festive day) to the Maitre 'd - nothing happened, absolutely nothing. But on American Thanksgiving the earth moved. It is too bad that the NCL management is so myopic given that Canadians make up between 10 and 40 percent of the load factors on most sails.

Last year we happened to be on the Sun for both Canadian and American Thanksgiving Days October 12th and November 25th - it was an extended and wonderful 45 day cruise. Even though I mentioned (the festive day) to the Maitre 'd - nothing happened, absolutely nothing. But on American Thanksgiving the earth moved. It is too bad that the NCL management is so myopic given that Canadians make up between 10 and 40 percent of the load factors on most sails.

That's so disappointing. :( I was hoping the fact that this cruise was a Canada/New England cruise (we may be in Canadian waters on the day), that it might make a difference, but I wonder if they even know about it... Sigh...

Thanks for letting me know, though.

Archived