Question about whale watching from Victoria BC

Our HAL cruise stops at Victoria for a day near the end of April--qbout the 26th. Is that whale season? Are there whale watching tours from Victoria? We were there just last year and we adored Buchert Gardens but if we can do a whale watching trip we'd love it. I have done it from Gloucester, MA and it was an amazing day followed by a great lobster dinner. That lobster had meat where no lobster ever had meat before!

Our HAL cruise stops at Victoria for a day near the end of April--qbout the 26th. Is that whale season? Are there whale watching tours from Victoria? We were there just last year and we adored Buchert Gardens but if we can do a whale watching trip we'd love it. I have done it from Gloucester, MA and it was an amazing day followed by a great lobster dinner. That lobster had meat where no lobster ever had meat before!

The season is April thru November, so I really expect you wont have too much trouble. http://princeofwhales.com/ is the big operator in Victoria that I know a lot of people have success with.

April & May are when the Grey whales are migrating to Alaska so that is a good time. The Humpbacks don't turn up until the fall. There are 3 resident pods of Orca's off Victoria and the Jaun De Fuca Strait and these pods have about 85 Orcas in total. They do move around following feed however so when you are dealing with nature there are no guarantees. While Prince of Whales tend to be the biggy, people speak very highly of Orca Spirit but there are any number of operators that you can google:

http://www.orcaspirit.com/

Archived