Sabatini's question

Beryl

Is Sabatini's open for business on the first night of a cruise? I'm thinking of going there the first night onboard (Diamond) if it is!

Hi Beryl!

We were on the Coral Princess for the 12/10-12/20 Panama Canal Cruise and Sabatini's was open every night. We explored the ship after embarkation and they were taking reservations for the entire cruise. I believe they are also open for lunch - but only on sea days.

One thing to bear in mind - it is a lot of food! You only select your entree and dessert. All other courses are a tasting menu so be prepared! If you want to make a show, arrange your reservation accordingly. The meal will take 2 to 2 1/2 hours. One down side - they will charge you extra for a cappucino or espresso on top of the meal.

Enjoy!

Thanks Mike! I know it's quite a meal and am going to starve myself on day of embarkation. If I can get a reservation at Sabatini's on embarkation day it will mean no lunch at the Horizon Court for me :D!!!

Beryl:

We ate at Sabatini's on the first night last year on the Star Princess & on our Xmas cruise it was open the first night too, so hopefully you can do the same on your sailing. I think it was the best night coz its slow and the service was impeccable, you really did think you were at a 5* gourmet restaurant. I enjoyed the whole experience even though I didn't really care for the food...just me being picky.

Thanks for the info cruzfool! Hopefully we'll be able to dine there on our first night. If not, there will be 6 other evenings to choose from. I was just hoping to miss all the "first night" madness that generally occurs in the other dining venues!

Is the cost still $25.00? Also Is the dress code the same ? We will be on Diamond In April.

Thanks Steve

The cost is $20 and the dress code is the same as the dining room and restaurants. Personally, I did not care for the food. Very odd selections. The lobster with champagne butter was fantastic though.

Archived