Timing in Florence??

bellagirl

Hi-My husband and I will be taking the Celeb. Florence/Pisa on your own tour in NOv. I want to book tickets at the Accademia to see David,but also want to shop for a leather coat! According to Celeb. shore excursion director, we will have approx. under 4 hrs. in which to accomplish this.

I don't have to spend a lot of time in the museum-all I really want to see is David and then we can leave. Do I have enough time and if so, can someone recommend a good leather store-don't mind paying for good quality leather.

Thanks to all who answer! Shelly:)

For quality leather, go to Via de Tornabuoni. From the east end of the Ponte Vecchio, turn right (downriver direction) and proceed to the next bridge. Turn right and you on the street with the really good quality clothing shops.

Hi-My husband and I will be taking the Celeb. Florence/Pisa on your own tour in NOv. I want to book tickets at the Accademia to see David,but also want to shop for a leather coat! According to Celeb. shore excursion director, we will have approx. under 4 hrs. in which to accomplish this.

I don't have to spend a lot of time in the museum-all I really want to see is David and then we can leave. Do I have enough time and if so, can someone recommend a good leather store-don't mind paying for good quality leather.

Thanks to all who answer! Shelly:)

The academia is a smaller museuem. It does have many interesting pieces but unlike the Uffizi , the accademi IMHO is all about one thing, David. One can easily get in and out in less than an hour if you have reservations. You should have plenty of time to "shop."

But don't shortchange yourself, besides David and Accadademia there is so much more to Florence. You'll have missed most of its magic if all you see is David and bring home a leather coat :eek:

Archived