Can I get an Upgrade even if not a price drop?

dosherpack

I noticed that there is an offer of an upgrade to cat 8H for booking an 8D for my upcoming cruise. I am booked in 8D. Can I get the upgrade without having to pay the price difference? I booked at the Early Saver Rate.

I would call your TA or Carnival, who ever you booked it with and find out.

Nope, only if the price matches what you paid.

Fire, I dont understand as I just did this... We were booked in a 4D.. past guest at time of booking was 4D--->4F... now its 4D--->4G.. and drop in price.. they upgraded us AND gave us $60 OBC... should we not have gotten the upgrade though?

Fire, I dont understand as I just did this... We were booked in a 4D.. past guest at time of booking was 4D--->4F... now its 4D--->4G.. and drop in price.. they upgraded us AND gave us $60 OBC... should we not have gotten the upgrade though?

Obviously if you also got OBC the price matched what you paid or dropped.

The OP didnt say her price matched, just that they were now offering free upgrades ... different case.

Thats why I said you only get the free upgrade if you are paying the price for the category where you can get upgraded from ...cant get it just because its offered, if its offered at a higher price than you paid. I probably wasnt clear above.

Archived