DIAMOND JEWELLERY - prices on board?

mrssoexcited

I was interested in whether the prices for diamond jewellery on board are reasonable, especially being duty free? Does that make any difference to prices? I would love to buy something special if its worthwhile. :confused:

not sure how much cheaper they are.... though I just saw my guess watch I bought on the Dawn princess at the local jeweller for $355 and i paid $270 I think..... though this jeweller is not the cheapest in the centre......

I loved the dancing diamonds they had on board that jewelry was gorgeous but the ones I like were expensive LOL...

remember that you can buy a piece of jewelry here and as long as the total invoice is over $300 you can claim the gst back through TRS at the wharf... but remember it has to be purchased within 30 days of departure... I bought a lovely pair of earings just before we left from the rocks markets... she gave me a tax invoice and I got another 10% back when we left...

joanne

It's nice enough but the prices I've seen aren't incredible. The thing that put me off is if there are any issues/adjustments it's a lot harder to chase up a shop on a ship, and the savings weren't enough to make up for that imo.

There are bargains, certainly brand name watches that I have bought while on various ships have turned out to be well priced..but like buying anything...you need to know what it is really worth before deciding.

I dont think I would buy expensive jewellery on a ship...

I wouldn't buy expensive jewellery on a ship either, on our last cruise on PD I too purchased a Guess watch (which I love!) and paid $160. When we got back to Sydney airport, I went to the Guess shop and the exact same watch was close to $400. I was rapt!!!

I also bought some "fake" diamond rings. Honestly, you would never know the difference (unless you were a jeweller of course). Every time I wear them, I get compliments and people say "wow", some people I tell the truth to, some I don't ;)

Jodie

Archived