World's Largest Cruise Night

1of5G

DH and I are going to a special sneak peek presentation of the Oasis tonight. They are supposed to be offering special rates and discounts. It is titled "The World's Largest Cruise Night" as October is cruise vacation month. Has anyone ever gotten a good deal? Is it just for last minute cruises or can you book out further?

It's not something to watch. Today is supposed to be "The World's Largest Cruise Night". October is supposed to be Cruise Vacation Month. I live in the Detroit area, and tonight at a Westin Hotel, there is a special presentation on the Oasis. They are supposed to be offering specials on rates, obc, upgrades, etc. I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten a good deal. There is a thread about The World's Largest Cruise Night on the Carnival thread. It seems to include all the cruiselines.

WLCN is everywhere and all your travel agents will have the rates. You don't have to attend an event and many of them are 'virtual'. You can call your travel agent and get the rates and book. Of course, if you are booking RCL especially and the rates drop prior to final payment you will be credited back the discount and obc after final payment.

Booked the Radiance 10 night - Mex. Riv. on 1/22/10. I got at Balcony GTY for $749+tax/person, but as part of the sale they were giving $200 off the total for a 10night sailing if you book an oceanview/balcony room. So I really got it for $649+tax/pp. Amazingly, they already assigned me a stateroom, an E1.

The email I recieved from RCI was that the sale was from Oct 12 to Oct 16. Book an ocenaview or balcony and get the following off the total price:

3-5nt: $50

6-9nt: $100

10+: $200

I have checked some other cruiselines (ie Carnival and NCL) haven't really found much. I'm sure like with most "SALES" the savings are hit and miss.

World Largest Cruise Night (WLCN) is sponsored by the Cruise Lines International association (CLIA). Most major cruise lines are members and participate in the event.

Travel agents sign up with one or more cruise lines which will then supply them with all kinds of marketing tools. Some will offer special prices and/or other perks. The whole idea is to get as many bookings as possible. All travel agents get the same specials and perks whether they sign up with that cruise line or not.

The marketing tools are usually to assist in having a cruise night or function and consist of balloons, invitations, videos, among other items. Travel agents will then invite their clients to the function where a presenation will be given by the agent and/or cruise line rep.

i live in detroit i would like to see this which westin is hosting this and do you have to be invn=ited by a cruise line

As per the posting by Twelveohone they are run by Travel Agents with support from the various cruise lines.

If its an invitation only affair the Taavel Agent running it would have to invite you.

Archived