Santorini - Any suggestions for private guides?

beckntom

We'll be in Santorini on HAL's Noordam next year, and I'm diligently researching away! Anyone have recommendations for private guides here? I've found lots of DIY info but not much on private guides, which my husband and I prefer. Thanks!

Contact Ocean Wave Tours and book with absolute confidence. We had the same preferences as you did. I searched around and found this company to be highly recommended. We stayed in contact over email and they everything went perfectly. I was determined to beat the crowds to the top of Fira and ended up arriving 45 minutes early to our pickup point. I called to let them know I was there and they came early. It's a husband and wife team who couldn't be nicer. She was our guide and spoke fluent English. She took us around the entire island in a minivan and stopped whereever we wanted. It was 300 Euros which while not cheap, was worth every penny. I feel like we maximized our time there. If you need anymore info, feel free to email me at phudson33@aol.com

Parker in Louisiana

• 4 weeks later...
We'll be in Santorini on HAL's Noordam next year, and I'm diligently researching away! Anyone have recommendations for private guides here? I've found lots of DIY info but not much on private guides, which my husband and I prefer. Thanks!

I double the recommendation of Ocean Wave. They found a vehicle which would fit 30 people when I had 28 on the tour. They went out of their way to take us to places which we wanted to see but were not on the "normal tour". We were there on a holiday and they made restaurant reservations for us on the waterfront where all of us ate and drank wine til we could not move. The meal for around 15 euro's per person. Had a ball.

I too prefer to use private guides but since Akrotiri is closed we chose a driver instead. We were there about 3 weeks ago! As you come out of the cable car station make a left. Walk to the corner where there is a restaurant turn left. Immediately next to the restaurant is a small tourist office for renting or hiring cars. We hired a driver with a van for 120.00 euros for 3 hours. We had a drive to Oia with photo stops along the way. The driver walked with us through Oia and even helped negotiate a price for a sculptured art wall hanging. It was a very nice way to see as much as possible in 3 hours and we could have hired him for as long as we wanted.

Archived