Electrical Outlets in Equinox Cabins

AZMembergs

They have 2 plugs that are standard for U.S. appliances like cell phone adapters, camera battery chargers, hair dryers etc. The third plug is a European two prong plug. There is a hair dryer in the desk next to it that uses the European plug.

If you need or want a plug by the bed make sure to bring an extension cord. If you are on CPAP you will need a 6-9 foot cord to reach the near side of the bed and it will not reach the floor if it is a shorter one. This can be a navigation hazard in the middle of the night. This is a common problem in many hotels as well.

If your appliances, or battery charger, are compatible with 220v current (it will say right on them) you can get an inexpensive plug adaptor and use them to plug into the European style plug for an extra outlet.

Here is an example of one on Amazon (click here) - they run as little as a couple dollars. If your plug is a three prong plug be sure to get a grounded adaptor. These do not convert current from 110V to 220V, which is more complicated, and will instantly fry electronics which don't specifically say they work on 220v.

On Millennium class ships the lamps next to the bed use European 220 volt outlets. Since my CPAP is dual voltage and I have a converter, I could unplug the lamp and plug in my CPAP. This worked fine but then I had no lamp light.

On our second cruise I asked for a 220 volt extension cord with at least two outlets. They brought one right away and I could then plug in both the lamp and the CPAP.

We'll be on Equinox in January. Anyone have any experience with this on either Solstice or Equinox? I'm assuming they'll have the same configuration.

Archived