Deluxe sail, snorkel & beach party - Carnival

J&E07

No. This is on the Fury Catamaran. They have a private beach on Cozumel Island which is really nice. I've taken this excursion twice because it's a safe bet to get in some good snorkeling and have fun on a nice, sandy beach which isn't very crowded even when a few of the cats are in at the same time.

With all the drama with Carnival and the independent excursions, I'm having to look into other options. I had planned to go to Playa Uvas for an all-inclusive beach day with snorkeling, but Carnival appears to be "throwing it's weight around" down there in Coz, not letting resorts book directly with cruisers and keep Carnival's business. :rolleyes: So, question is: for those of you who've done this and other independent excursions, is it worth the extra $$? :confused:

Thanks!

Julie

With all the drama with Carnival and the independent excursions, I'm having to look into other options. I had planned to go to Playa Uvas for an all-inclusive beach day with snorkeling, but Carnival appears to be "throwing it's weight around" down there in Coz, not letting resorts book directly with cruisers and keep Carnival's business. :rolleyes: So, question is: for those of you who've done this and other independent excursions, is it worth the extra $$? :confused:

Thanks!

Julie

Yes. Fury's staff is unbeatable. They really take good care of you. The snorkeling is a drift and they look after everyone. There are guides plus the cat follows the group so there's no need for a difficult swim to get back on the cat. Last time I went we swam over an enormous school of fish. A baracuda swam into the school we could see it part to allow it to pass and then close up again. It was amazing. Our guide then decided to do the same thing and swam into the school. Secondly, their beach is wonderful. The only problem is I could spend an entire day there but the time seems to fly. However, the ride back at the end, which does take a while, is a lot of fun. The drinks are still pouring and there's music and with the right crowd a lot of dancing. It's good fun. And the best part is it leaves right from the dock so there are no taxis or transfers involved.

Would 100% agree with the previous posters. The Deluxe Sail, Sand and Snorkel is the best bet, especially for first timers. The staff really treats you well and is excellent. Plus, it leaves right there from the pier and you even have plenty of time afterwards to go shopping at the pier they pick you up from.

Archived