Check JS prices if you booked Cat 11 before the change!

gargoyle999

I tried finding the post I read yesterday where I saw this but couldn't...sorry! :o

If you booked a Cat 11 before the change to JS, OS, VS check the price on JS versus what your rate is. Right now Carnival is giving rate reductions on former Cat 11's even if they are not JS!

I have an aft wrap for next Nov which is now VS. VS went up $240 after the change but JS went down $160. I contacted my TA to submit the price reduction after reading the other posts and I just checked my booking on Carnival and see the price drop has been applied!

Sounds like it's a one time offer and any other price drops will have to be based on the VS rate. But I'll take it! :)

I'm not too clear on this. If you booked an aftwrap, it's now considered VS (whatever that stands for) and there has been a drop in price? Thanks for your help.

Aft wraps on the Spirit Class are now VS, Vista Suites. These are the most expensive of the former Cat 11 cabins. Two cabins on deck 4 that were Cat 11 and have the small balcony, 4226 and 4235, are now JS, Junior Suite and are the lowest priced. All the other Cat 11's are now OS, Ocean Suite.

I don't know if it happened on all sailings but on at least some, including mine :D, the price for the JS became less than what the Cat 11 was going for before the change in categories.

Because the JS was a Cat 11 when the booking was made, Carnival seems to be granting a one time price reduction to match the lower price on the JS cabin. Any further price reductions will have to be based on the VS category only from what people are reporting.

I just got my updated invoice from my TA today. I owe $160 less at final payment! :)

Archived