Canopy Tour vs. Zipline Tour ??

amybeth4

Help!

So I'm going on the Liberty and looking at Belize excursions. Anyone know the difference between doing a

The canopy tour takes you to Savannah Pine Ridge and does this:

This is where your Original Canopy Tour of the Lost World cave begins. There are five traverses ranging from 100-500 feet apart in distance that takes you across the fallen ceiling of this enormous open-air cave.

You'll traverse from platform to platform above the floor of the densely populated forest reaching for sunlight above the rim of the giant sunken cave. Each platform is perched on the inside face of this open air crater giving you an unforgettable experience.

You then end on a platform and you repel down to the floor of the cave.

The zipline tour (Aerial Trek) does this, from the Jaguar Paw Resort:

Upon arrival at the site, you will be given your safety briefing and outfitted with safety gear that will include your harness system, helmets and gloves. The tour takes you through eight platforms guided by two of our experienced naturalists who will share information at strategic locations as well as ensuring your safety from platform to platform.

Is the canopy tour slower? Do you zip along? Are they both fast and exciting? I want the more exciting one. The first one is like 5.5 hours and the second is 4.5 hours. The first one includes lunch (or so it seams). The second one is a snack. Both are $99.

the way I understand it...copuld be wrong...Canopy tours are through more forrested areas while the zipline tours are simply a zipline from platform to platform

That's how I generally understand it too, but I know that the Jaguar Paw Resort zipline specifically does go through heavy rainforest. I think in this particular case, it's more about the name.

Archived