Booking late when is best time in weeks prior

sddiver

We are looking to make a late booking for an upcoming Holiday cruise. Other family members are already booked. With.. wait for it.... the current economy...todays pricing is a deal killer for us. If business picks up and there are late deals to be had we may book late and surprise the family. So my questions are two fold. Based on experience when in weeks prior is usually the best time to book for price. Secondly at what level of occupancy(cabins still available) do the cruise lines usually discount. As of today ~ 60 days out there are around 200 cabins out of ~1400 cabins showing as available 14% of the total. Not sure if that is a huge amount in historic terms or average. I would guess for a Holiday cruise that might be a lot for this time of year.

Thanks in advance

Rich

Sorry, but I don't have enough experience to help you with your question. I, however, have a question of my own that you (or others) may be able to help me with: how can you find out the occupancy rate for various sailings...us there a website or something that can show this?

Thanks...and I hope you land a great deal!

Archived