PC dining on the Diamond?????

sdeziel

We are going on the Diamond on 1/22 and would like some information on it. Do you need to make reservations or just show up and how many restraunts are there to choice from, I guess I thought it was just regular meals at any time but it sounds like it is only certain restraunts you can go to. Please explain it to me, THANKS

but unless you want to eat at 6pm-6:20pm or at 8:15pm, you don't need a reservation in the 4 PC dining rooms. If you want to eat at 7pm or whenever the mood strikes you, then you can't really make a reservation. Just walk up to one of the dining rooms and someone will be able to seat you.

We had a large party (of 10) and since there is only one 10-person table in each PC dining room, we had to make reservations ahead of time. I made the reservations for the entire week the moment I boarded the ship. This was in August, they may not allow you to make reservation for the entire week now (maybe just for 3 days at a time--check other posts).

I enjoyed the choice of 4 different restaurants to go to. It doesn't feel like you are on a cruise because there are different dining rooms to go to.

We are going on the Diamond on 1/22 and would like some information on it. Do you need to make reservations or just show up and how many restraunts are there to choice from, I guess I thought it was just regular meals at any time but it sounds like it is only certain restraunts you can go to. Please explain it to me, THANKS
sdeziel, we'll be on the Diamond the same week as you. You can check out our roll-call thread here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=72428&page=1&pp=25

As far as I've been able to learn, there are 4 PC dining rooms, 1 traditional seating one, and 1 extra-charge (Sabatini's). You should be able to just walk up to one of the PC dining rooms, or make reservations in advance. There is another thread that discussed this in detail, try to do a search in the Princess board for "Diamond Princess".

Archived