GEM review Oct 11--18

rrobynec

When you say your stayed in bed late the last morning, what time was that? We will be in no rush at all to get off the ship on our Nov 22nd cruise as we are staying 2 extra days in Barcelona. Usually you feel compelled to get out of the cabin by say 7:30 am at the latest because the cabin stewards are all around and anxious to start cleaning the rooms for the next group of guests. Did you find this different on this cruise and please explain the luggage procedure if you choose the late departure. Thanks!

The latest time to disembark was 9:30.

We didn't check any bags since we each had a carry on and one larger suitcase, so it was no big deal to carry them off.

You can choose a 9:30 am time though if you are having bags checked out for you.

We were still in the room at 9:20! We did not have anyone knocking at our door asking when we were leaving at any point that morning.

And....I remember that at 9am my DD decided she wanted something to eat, so I said--Go ahead and go upstairs to the Buffet, but it is probably closed. She came back to the room and happily told me I was wrong, that it was still open and there was food still available (while munching on a chocolate croissant.

Just be aware that at this later time the taxi queue is very long, so if you are checking bags, have somebody get on line and have somebody retrieve the bags.

Archived