Oasis prices

I don't see it happening. It's doubtful that there are that many cabins left anyway and RCI is still making good money on the cabins booked for the first couple of months. Very few to no suites left on most bookings. Also, there will be a LOT of publicity once this ship hits the US and more bookings are likely to come.

I find that like most cruise pricing, if you book JUST when the bookings open, especially in somewhat off-season, the pricing is about as low as it will go. We booked a D8 balcony at $999 (not including fees & taxes or Platinum balcony discount), and the same cabin is now going for $250 more pp.

I DO pat myself on the back for rushing our reservation to squeeze in getting the Platinum balcony discount, Next Cruise OBC AND Stockholder OBC before they changed it to only ONE discount.

I believe when the novelty wears off for the Oasis, or when they find they can't fill cabins anymore the pricing will have to come back down to earth. I'm sure RCCL, like most of us, didn't predict the economy before they committed to the 2 ships.

I forget which category we are in but we booked a hump cabin, 7th deck on the Nov. 13th cruise for $2498.00...I believe it's gone up since then too.

Sarah,

We are sailing the same cruise as you, and we ALSO recently returned from a Carnival Pride cruise! We're on the Deck 7 also, but the lowest balcony category to cut our costs. We were booked in a hump cabin on our cancelled Explorer cruise - I LOVE the hump!

There is a Roll Call for that cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=836236

Come join!

I have been very inactive on it, but now that I'm back from the Pride, and beginning to get very excited about Oasis.

Was that $859 after taxes? I got a D6 balcony for $2000 for two people including all taxes and fees. I thought that was a pretty good deal compared to other pricing. We sail Oct.2nd 2010

Hi,

I guess my original post was a little misleading - I thought we were talking prices before taxes. The cost for the D8 balcony thru Direct Cruises was $2179 including all charges.

And to make me look like more of a liar, my sis booked the D8 for that price & I booked a D5 for $2299 including all charges.

This comes with $50 onboard credit as well.

Still think it's a good price & apparerently we'll get reimbursed if the prices go down... but doubt that will happen!

debbie:)

Hey Debbie, we will become friends over the next year....We are booked on the 30th also.....One year from tonight we will be in costume and drunk I hope and zip lining, rock wall climbing, ice skating and doing the flow rider, all in costume...going to be a hoot.........Have you been on the Post for the 10/30/10 cruise yet. I have but not for a while. I have a hard time trying to keep up with everything that is going on...........Talk to you on the boards and welcome to meeting you in the future...Oasis is going to be the BOMB! :)

MIke

Hi Mike,

Looking forward to meeting u guys! I did find the roll call & posted to introduce myself. It will be me & my daughter (who will be 16 at cruising time). And my sis & hubby will be coming along, & hopefully their 2 daughters & respective families.

If u zip line drunk, can I take video??? :D

debbie

It was a toss up between booking Oasis or Epic but decided to go with Epic because I received a much better price for an aft balcony. Both ships have something that appeals to me but for now, Osis will have to wait until a future date when the prices go down or the economy goes up.

I have read a lot of postings concerning the price of a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. I agree the prices are very high, but its funny to read how some people compare Oasis of the Seas to Norwegian Epic. There is no comparison between these two ships. The Epic is a big ship, but thats the only comparison point. NCL's service and food can not be compared to Royal Caribbean. You can eat dog quality food on NCL (and pay extra for it at the Steakhouse or other restaurants with a cover) or you can eat quality food with no cover charge at more restaurants on Oasis than Epic even has in total. I worked aboard 3 different NCL Ships, and did not have a good meal in over a year on board (including the restaurants that NCL charges a cover for)! You can book a 100 square foot studio on the Epic-oh wow! Keep in mind, NCL has to make up for their lower prices by nickel and diming you to death on board. The Oasis of the Seas has more free dining choices than most ships offer at any price. NCL has Freestyle Dining which I must say is an excellent ADVERTISING STRATEGY, but not much more.

I have sailed on 10 cruises, and worked for NCL and Princess. I am also a travel agent. I would say I qualify as an expert on cruises. There is NO comparison between Oasis of the Seas and Norwegian Epic. My professional advice for those who are considering sailing on Oasis, but are not willing (or not able) to pay the premium price is to not settle for the Norwegian Epic. For less than Norwegian Epic, you can sail on a Solstice class ship with Celebrity, the Carnival Dream, or a number of other ships. Prices on the Oasis of the Seas will likely drop to levels closer to other Royal Caribbean ships when Allure of the Seas comes out next year.

I am interested in every new ship that comes out, including the Carnival Dream, and Celebrity's Solstice Class. To be perfectly honest, I am curious about the Norwegian Epic, and I would not rule out sailing on her. However, I feel that comparing ANY new ship to Oasis of the Seas is no comparison at all, AT ANY PRICE!

I am sailing on Oasis of the Seas on December 1st, and I am paying full fare for the opportunity (I will also be aboard the first Travel Agent cruise on November 19, so look for me in the Good Morning America audience on November 20) . It will be the highest price I have ever paid for a cruise (including 7 night cruises), but Royal Caribbean has earned my respect as a Travel Agent, and more inportantly, as a passenger. That is why I have been following Oasis of the Seas for over 4 years when she began as "Project Genesis." I have no doubt that I will be more impressed with Oasis once I return from both sailings. You can look forward to my review on November 20th and December 5.

I have read a lot of postings concerning the price of a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. I agree the prices are very high, but its funny to read how some people compare Oasis of the Seas to Norwegian Epic. There is no comparison between these two ships. The Epic is a big ship, but thats the only comparison point. NCL's service and food can not be compared to Royal Caribbean. You can eat dog quality food on NCL (and pay extra for it at the Steakhouse or other restaurants with a cover) or you can eat quality food with no cover charge at more restaurants on Oasis than Epic even has in total. I worked aboard 3 different NCL Ships, and did not have a good meal in over a year on board (including the restaurants that NCL charges a cover for)! You can book a 100 square foot studio on the Epic-oh wow! Keep in mind, NCL has to make up for their lower prices by nickel and diming you to death on board. The Oasis of the Seas has more free dining choices than most ships offer at any price. NCL has Freestyle Dining which I must say is an excellent ADVERTISING STRATEGY, but not much more.

I have sailed on 10 cruises, and worked for NCL and Princess. I am also a travel agent. I would say I qualify as an expert on cruises. There is NO comparison between Oasis of the Seas and Norwegian Epic. My professional advice for those who are considering sailing on Oasis, but are not willing (or not able) to pay the premium price is to not settle for the Norwegian Epic. For less than Norwegian Epic, you can sail on a Solstice class ship with Celebrity, the Carnival Dream, or a number of other ships. Prices on the Oasis of the Seas will likely drop to levels closer to other Royal Caribbean ships when Allure of the Seas comes out next year.

I am interested in every new ship that comes out, including the Carnival Dream, and Celebrity's Solstice Class. To be perfectly honest, I am curious about the Norwegian Epic, and I would not rule out sailing on her. However, I feel that comparing ANY new ship to Oasis of the Seas is no comparison at all, AT ANY PRICE!

I am sailing on Oasis of the Seas on December 1st, and I am paying full fare for the opportunity (I will also be aboard the first Travel Agent cruise on November 19, so look for me in the Good Morning America audience on November 20) . It will be the highest price I have ever paid for a cruise (including 7 night cruises), but Royal Caribbean has earned my respect as a Travel Agent, and more inportantly, as a passenger. That is why I have been following Oasis of the Seas for over 4 years when she began as "Project Genesis." I have no doubt that I will be more impressed with Oasis once I return from both sailings. You can look forward to my review on November 20th and December 5.

I will look forward to your review.

I agree that no new ship compares.

How can we look for you when we don't even know what you look like?

Food is subjective. I have sailed NCL a few times and thought the food was good. I only had one dish I didn't care for. We ate in some of the restaurants and thought the food in them was very good to excellent. Of course now you have to pay for certain ones that were free except the main dining room.

We thought the service was very acceptable on par with any other ship we have sailed.

Archived