Barcelona tour operators

Mike Lee

We are flying into Barcelona two days before on cruise on MSC Fantasia. I would like a tour operator that will pick us up at the airport. Then give us a tour of city then after tour drop us off at our hotel (The Hotel Colon). What would be the best way also to get from our hotel to the port to catch the ship? Any Suggestions?

We are flying into Barcelona two days before on cruise on MSC Fantasia. I would like a tour operator that will pick us up at the airport. Then give us a tour of city then after tour drop us off at our hotel (The Hotel Colon). What would be the best way also to get from our hotel to the port to catch the ship? Any Suggestions?

Forget the tour. Barcelona is a city to explore on your own. Your hotel is in the heart of the action. You will be very close to the Catedral and the Barri Gotic. Five minute walk to La Rambla and a Metro station very close by. Get a copy of Frommer's Barcelona Day by Day. It has excellent maps of the city and Metro system plus 1,2 and 3 day tours and neighborhood walks.

Best way to port from Hotel Colon would be by taxi for about 25-30 euros.

I would like to know if the port in barcelona is close to the city or close to anything with in walking distence. We have a shuttle from the airport to ship, at about 12:30 that leaves us with plenty of time to drop off the luggage and see the city. please let me know how fare the port is and what is next to it to see. we would perfere not to go to far and get lost. thanks.

I would like to know if the port in barcelona is close to the city or close to anything with in walking distence. We have a shuttle from the airport to ship, at about 12:30 that leaves us with plenty of time to drop off the luggage and see the city. please let me know how fare the port is and what is next to it to see. we would perfere not to go to far and get lost. thanks.

You can take the Blue Bus http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html from the port to the Coumbus Monument and walk La Rambla, which is Barcelona's #1 tourist attraction, up to Place Catalunya with a stop along the way at La Boqueria market for a tapas lunch (about 3 hours). From P. Catalunya take the HOHO bus around the loop for a sightseeing tour of the touist sites, getting off at the Columbus Monument (about 1.5 hours). Then Blue Bus back to the ship. If you don't have enough time for La Rambla and the HOHO you can pick up the HOHO at the Columbus Monument and ride the loop back to the Monument (about 2 hrs).

Forget the tour. Barcelona is a city to explore on your own. Your hotel is in the heart of the action. You will be very close to the Catedral and the Barri Gotic. Five minute walk to La Rambla and a Metro station very close by. Get a copy of Frommer's Barcelona Day by Day. It has excellent maps of the city and Metro system plus 1,2 and 3 day tours and neighborhood walks. Best way to port from Hotel Colon would be by taxi for about 25-30 euros.

Mark and Linda make excellent points. Your hotels is at a great location right near the major Cathedral. Lots to see and enjoy in Barcelona.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

We used Jose Soler of pepitotours.com and he was terrific.

• 3 months later...

Hotel Colon is in a great location - we walked to the Picasso Museum, down to the water to a restaurant, to Ramblas and, of course, all around the Gothic area. Instead of a tour, take the HOHO bus - there are 2 different lines - the first time we went to Barcelona we didn't have a lot of time, so we hopped on and just stayed on for the 2 hour ride. We got to see lots of the sights and then the next time in Barcelona, we knew what we wanted to go back and see. We're going back to Barcelona in November - we just love the city and I think you will too.

Archived