Coffee Pots

Frequent Floater

Does anyone know if the Star's standard balcony cabins (BA) have the small coffee makers for guest use during the sailing. Yes I am a coffee snob

Appreciate any help on this.

We had a coffee pot and supplies (refreshed daily by our cabin steward) in our bacony cabin on the Pride of America, and I have read in a number of reviews and posts here on Cruise Critic that there are coffee pots in the balcony cabins on the Star! We had a coffee pot in our OV cabin on the Jade last Jan/Feb, too.

DH and I will be packing a supply of our own pre-ground coffee and creamer for our December cruise on the Star, just because we are picky coffee drinkers!

Thanks, Now another one, what about hair dryers??

Hair dryer was very adequate. My friend liked it. No need to bring your own.:) There's only one plug in in the cabin and it's at the vanity.

btw: they do replenish the cream and sugar and equal etc. daily.

I did enjoy the coffee brought by room service but the pots are small so we ordered enough for 4 people and that worked well. But you'll be bringing your own so no problemo.:)

One other little tip for you that I did not learn about on NCL til last week on the Star:

When you get a plate at the buffet there will be a bread basket next to it. Find the oblong or round pretzel rolls and get one. They look like big pretzels. Then the cheese board is next to that. Dish up some of the soft cheese onto your plate. OMG...use that cheese on those pretzel rolls and just enjoy the heck out of them! Yummy!

I'm sure you will enjoy the Star and her crew.:)

Winnie I see that those pretzel rolls are listed on the fav food thread. Glad to know where to find them, and the cheese, wow.

Its our first NCL sailing so all these answers/hints are so helpful and most appreciated. I know things will be totally different than what we have experienced on CCL.

Thanks to you both..

Winnie I see that those pretzel rolls are listed on the fav food thread. Glad to know where to find them, and the cheese, wow.

Its our first NCL sailing so all these answers/hints are so helpful and most appreciated. I know things will be totally different than what we have experienced on CCL.

Thanks to you both..

I really like NCL when I'm sailing with family because we love the Freestyle of eating when.where, with whom we want and their suites are the best on the open seas!

Carnival and NCL are more alike than different but Carnival does a lot of things different. I enjoyed the fun pool activities on Carnival a lot and I think Carnival has very, very good food. I like NCL night shows better. You'll find some things better and some not as much when comparing the two. I'll be interested to see any kind of review when you are back. :)

I just signed up for the Miracle March 2011 and I saw you posting there! :)

I normally sail with a great group of friends and family and this trip is just DH and I. A great rate to try a new line for us. I did the anytime dining on the Elation last May and wasn't impressed. Of course with a large group it is much easier to do the assigned dining times.

I am so excited to have a group going on the Miracle in 2011. I was able to get right on it when the pricing came out and secured the cabin location we like Aft.

I will enjoy trying NCL to see if it would be a good fit for my group. Thanks for the compairson from your experience

NCL has Freestyle down perfectly. It's just like going to your local restaurant and asking for a table for 2. My friend and I never had to wait at all. NCL has really wonderful waiters and I'm sure you will enjoy it but considering the price the food is not going to be quite Carnival style. :)

Have a blast. Any other questions I'll be happy to answer.

I am sure the freestyle dining will be great with just 2 of us. It is nice to be able to meet new people each night. I will miss however the personal service one gets with the same wait staff that get to know all you crazy preferences for the week.

Thanks again.

Oh are you planning to book the March 2011 sailing on the other line??

It would be great to thank you personally if so.

My group is allot of fun. We got the entire aft on deck 7 so stop by and say hi. SHould be about 50 of us.

I am sure the freestyle dining will be great with just 2 of us. It is nice to be able to meet new people each night. I will miss however the personal service one gets with the same wait staff that get to know all you crazy preferences for the week.

Thanks again.

Oh are you planning to book the March 2011 sailing on the other line??

It would be great to thank you personally if so.

My group is allot of fun. We got the entire aft on deck 7 so stop by and say hi. SHould be about 50 of us.

The Carnival CC group I joined was Janet's which is not an official cruise yet. I think you are sailing with a family and friends group on that date? March 27, 2010?

Archived