Cabin choice

ormy

Been on there twice. Once on Red sea cruise, and other time this year to east med. Once high up, once way, way down. never had any problem with vibration, noise nor pitching.

Only problems we have ever had, was what to eat next!!:D

Thanks to Jodanuke.

If you have been on the Red Sea Cruise can you give me any tips, ie excursions, ship facilities etc, in fact just anything you might feel is useful to us. We are thinking of doing an early booking for Jan/Feb 211

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

we've been on celebration twice. First time we noticed on the first night a little vibration and i stated 'I can't sleep with this' put my head on the pillow and fell asleep in seconds and never noticed it again! We were on the deluxe cabins near the front the first time and a suite the second time and didn't have a problem.

Yes we've staggered across the floor - but it was more the wine than anything else

cheers

Just to add a note on choice of cabins on the Celebration. We had a Deck1 (lowest deck) outside cabin on a recent Red Sea cruise, As we were forward of midships there was no vibration, BUT, be warned- the lowest deck on this ship is very low, and just above water level. More importantly, it is below the level of the dockside. And guess what, the ship docked at the same side all week, and there are 2 overnight stops- minimal daylight and no view! The cabin was even numbered but I'm not sure which side that is. If you can chose your cabin- beware.

Ormy,

I am going on thered sea magic cruise on the celebration in 3 weeks time, i will tell you all about it when i get back if you like? :)

Regards

Leanne

I will be very interrested about anything as my wife & myself are doing this Cruise FEB 11TH NEXT YEAR hope you have agood time

Regards George:)

The Celebration is an old ship and like her sister ship Spirit does have a noticeable vibration even when in port. They are also not as well stabilised as more modern ships. However on the Red Sea you shouldn't get much in the way of heavy seas so there is just the vibration to contend with. I found that after a very short while your body just attuned to it and you didn't notice it until you stepped on land and it wasn't there. However my cabin was higher up and forward so I may not have been as exposed as some.

This is a superb itinerary with a lovely mix of ancient sites and superb opportunities to experience the fish and coral reefs. If you are able I would definately recommend snorkelling as the corals and fish are unbelievable or otherwise take advantage of a couple of the glass bottomed boat trips. Petra is unbelievable but if you go in hot weather take some water with you as it gets stiflingly hot even in Spring. Cairo shows the best and worst sides of Egypt (amazing sights but with lots of litter and poverty) but will still bloww you away and is an easy run from the port.

This is an unique and amazing trip which we are considering repeating soon. Hope you have a great time.

I will be very interrested about anything as my wife & myself are doing this Cruise FEB 11TH NEXT YEAR hope you have agood time

Regards George:)

Will also be very interested. We are going on the 11th March. First time cruising. Have booked deluxe cabin deck 8. Couldnt get anything on Deck 9. One part of me looking forward to it another part very aprehensive. Enjoy yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We are going on the Red Sea Cruise on New Years Eve, we have sailed the Celebration before and whilst you do feel some vibration it really isnt that noticeable and certainly not worth complaining about.

We had a deluxe cabin on deck 9 which was lovely, loads of space and kept immaculate by the cabin boy.

We have a deluxe on deck 8 this time as deck 9 was full but im sure they are prob the same.

My advice would be to book the best cabin you can afford but avoid deck 6 which is the prom deck (you have lots of people walking past your window so cant really leave the curtains open to enjoy the view).

Have a great time!!

Hi,

We are going on the Celebration on New Years Eve, we have sailed on the Celebration previously (had 2 weeks in July).

There is some vibration on the ship but nothing to worry about, we had a deluxe cabin on deck 9 which was lovely and we never really noticed the vibration in the cabin.

Sometimes in Horizons bar there could be some vibration (seemed to be more one side than the other so we did swap seats a couple of times).

Dont worry about it, it wont spoil your cruise, i would recomend booking the best cabin you can afford, the higher the better i would say.

Have a fab time!!!

Thinking about Red Sea Magic cruise, Thomson Celebration,

Have read reviews mentioning 'vibrations'. is this true?

Can anyone advise best cabin/deck to avoid this problem.

Does it really exist? I have never noticed it until I made a point of purposely looking for it and then only faintly noticed.

Some people just like a moan :)

Archived