Venice Hotel

QueenOfKruz

I have now booked the Ala as well and will have to decide. I guess my main concern is getting from the cruise ship to the hotel. I know that you can take the bus part way. Do the vaporetto's only allow one suitcase per person? We will probably have one medium size suitcase and one carry on each. Also we will need luggage storage after the second night as we will want to stay in Venice until we go to our airport hotel for the last night. It seems so confusing but at least I have until Sept to figure it out!

Lynn

Vaps allow one suitcase with no fee, but you can pay a few E for a second one if you get asked. I have never been asked to pay extra. From the cruise ship, we took a cab to the Piazza Roma, which isn't far if you don't have a suitcase. From the Piazza Roma, you catch the Vap for your hotel.

Your hotel will probably permit you to leave your suitcase until you leave for the next hotel. If not, at the train station they have lockers

I have now booked the Ala as well and will have to decide. I guess my main concern is getting from the cruise ship to the hotel. I know that you can take the bus part way. Do the vaporetto's only allow one suitcase per person? We will probably have one medium size suitcase and one carry on each. Also we will need luggage storage after the second night as we will want to stay in Venice until we go to our airport hotel for the last night. It seems so confusing but at least I have until Sept to figure it out!

Lynn

By Sept, there will be an elevated tram service from the Maritime terminal to Piazzal Roma for about 1 Euro. This will be called 'the Venice people mover' From there you take the number 1 vaporetto to the Giglio stop.

To avoid the crowds on the vaporetto with your luggage, hook up with 1 or 2 other couples and take a water taxi direct to your hotel. You can find someone to share with at the desk as you leave the terminal. Given the overall cost of your cruise and hotel. the added cost of a water taxi is well worth it.

Option 3 is the direct alilaguna service from the cruise terminal This is the M line. From there you would take the no 1 back to giglio.

See http://www.alilaguna.it

I'm trying to help my parents arrange accomodations for their 1 night post cruise in Venice. They have a very early flight the next morning. Should they stay by the airport and how would they get back & forth to the city to tour/have dinner, etc? Or should they stay in the city and would they be able to get to the airport by 4 or 5am?

I've seen the recommendations for the Best Westerns by the airport and a few others, and we'll be researching those and any other suggestions.

I appreciate any assistance!!! Thank you!

Our family of four (all adults) stayed at the Hotel Colombina in Venice in early November. Perfect location-5 min from St. Marks Square. Private water taxi dock-right from the taxi into the hotel and hotel into taxi for transfer to cruiseport. Service, accommodations, breakfast were all excellent. Prices reasonable for location, private dock, and lift to rooms. :)I can highly recommend the Hotel Colombina.

Planning on spending 3 days in Venice pre-cruise. Don't know much about the lay of the land, and would appreciate some hotel suggestions. Don't want to break the bank, but would like something nice. Small is okay. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Archived