Rhapsody dress code question ? sailing 03/11

Pip and Alan

Help ! off in a few days to join the ship at Perth and Cruise to Aus and NZ. I am sure I have read somewhere that the dress code is slightly less formal and that a jacket and tie would be ok for DH and he would not need a suit or tux. Can anyone confirm this for me please ? since I can't now find that thread no matter how hard I search !

All help appreciated :)

Thanks Pip

Help ! off in a few days to join the ship at Perth and Cruise to Aus and NZ. I am sure I have read somewhere that the dress code is slightly less formal and that a jacket and tie would be ok for DH and he would not need a suit or tux. Can anyone confirm this for me please ? since I can't now find that thread no matter how hard I search !

All help appreciated :)

Thanks Pip

A jacket is fine,but if you really want to,you can hire a tuxedo onboard.From memory it cost about $100 (I could be wrong on that )

Pip- we are sailing again on ROS next October and I will not be taking any formal wear this time - last time on her we dinned twice in the dining area (first 2 nights) but much prefered the Windjammer and casual atmosphere. Not even taking a jacket for DH.

email me if you want my review of the ship & crew

didiaust@optusnet

I found these Qs and As for the Rhapsody of the sea and hope they help you out.

Q: What are the dress codes onboard?

A: There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are: Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

Q: What is the dress code for the Meet & Mingle?

A: Guests can wear casual clothing unless the party is held on a formal night. Shorts and/or bathing suits are not recommended attire.

Thanks everyone for your help. I had read the official RCI blurb but knew I had seen some posts on here mentioning that Rhapsody down under was a little less formal.

This will be my 1st time in Aus and NZ and I am really excited - 2 more sleeps :-)

Thanks everyone for your help. I had read the official RCI blurb but knew I had seen some posts on here mentioning that Rhapsody down under was a little less formal.

It is in that you're less likely to see tuxedos than some other destinations. Don't expect to see hordes of Hawaiian shirts though!

It is in that you're less likely to see tuxedos than some other destinations. Don't expect to see hordes of Hawaiian shirts though!

What type of shirts would be more common?

I'd prefer not to stick out as a tourist.

Tee shirts/polo shirts/button down/plain color/etc?

I've also been told that white athletic shoes are not common, what type shoe would blend in.

I wear a polo shirt or a sports shirt (button down) on casual nights, but never a tee shirt. On smart casual/informal nights, I wear a dressier sports shirt and on formal nights, I go for a suit with a business shirt and tie ... but sometimes I drop the tie by the time the last formal night comes around (but I don't always wear a tie with my suit at work either).

Cheers

Bob

Archived