Which cruise lines go to Bali? Have you been?

es_2009

Hello!

I have always been fascinated with Bali and I am looking for a cruiseline that stops at that port. The other alternative is taking a purely land based vacation there, but I am not sure which is best. So far I have found Costa Cruise Lines goes to Bali on the Indonesian itinerary, but only for about 10hrs.

So... my first question is: Does anyone know of any other lines that go to Bali?

Also, what have your experiences been in Bali?

Thanks a lot!

I can't imagine only spending 10 hours in Bali! If you are really interested, take a land based trip. Spend a few days by the beach then head up to Ubud. We have a trip planned for December.... first a few days at the Laguna Resort in Nusa Dua to get over jet lag. Then time at a villa in Seminyak for beaches, shopping, and restaurants. And finally up to Ubud for peace, serenity, beautiful views... and more shopping. :)

Whitby Lass- are you in Whitby Ontario? We lived there until about a year ago, moved east about 20min now :)

Did you guys love Bali? It looks so mystical and interesting, hard to find much info though...

I've been to Bali 7 years ago and have a trip planned for next June. If you want to see the real Bali do a land trip. Research where you want to stay. Kuta is the hussle and bussle of Bali and can be quite intimidating with the hard sell husslers on the street. If you want to be close to the centre of the shops etc choose a hotel back towards Legian with it's own grounds. Otherwise head to Nusa Dua or up to Ubud for real peace and quiet. Bali is a beautiful Island and the Balinese are lovely peaceful people. There are plenty of opportunities to have a driver for the day or even rent a villa, do your research on the net.:)

Whitby Lass- are you in Whitby Ontario? We lived there until about a year ago, moved east about 20min now :)

Did you guys love Bali? It looks so mystical and interesting, hard to find much info though...

Sorry to disapoint but I live in England. I do not even live in Whitby North Yorkshire) now, I live in Suffolk in the south of England.

I am sure it's lovely in Whitby (UK) and Suffolk (UK) as well as Whitby Canada!! Weather is probably nicer anyways ;)

I am trying to find a direct flight to Singapore, that would make getting to Bali a little easier for a land vacation. Checked out some pictures online, it all looks great. Thanks for your help everyone :)

Try http://www.baliguide.com for a start. But if you google "Bali travel information" there are lots of sites that should give you the information you are looking for.

Archived