Embarkation at Shanghai

cleopelt

Just wondered does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get off the ship and get to Shanghai, we fancy doing Shanghai sideways( motorbike and sidecar tour) but the tour starts at 9am in shanghai, just wondered if we would get there in time???

Thanks

Sue Paul and Demaine:confused:

Guest sizzzlin sailor

This depends to some extent on where your ship ties up. Larger ships (we were on Sapphire) are about 30 to 40 minutes from what I might call "in town." The smaller ships (Ocean will be there beginning with its December itineraries) dock much closer to town. The place is huge as you know -- only 18.5 million people! I do remember that all the buses were there, lined up, when I first looked out, maybe 90 minutes or so before we got off the ship.

I would think starting a private tour "downtown" at 9:00 AM could be a pretty close call if you must start at the large ship dock.

Thanks for the info, know it takes about an 1hr approx to get into Shanghai, wondered how long to get off the ship, your right dont think we would make 9am, wonder if 10am would be more realistic?

Sue:confused:

Looks like you are on a big ship. Takes a bit longer to discharge all the passengers plus depending what day you are there the rush hour traffic could be a problem. I would allow much more time. I've lived there and have also been back there last year. All it takes is a fender bender and the traffic is at a standstill.

I am getting on in Shanghai. Will be in Shanghai for several days prior to cruise. I am hoping that I can just grab a taxi to the port.....from my hotel....which would be much easier than going to the hotel where the transfer is from. Anyone have any brilliant ideas????????

I am getting on in Shanghai. Will be in Shanghai for several days prior to cruise. I am hoping that I can just grab a taxi to the port.....from my hotel....which would be much easier than going to the hotel where the transfer is from. Anyone have any brilliant ideas????????

that depends on which dock you will be using. certainly doable, but i don't know about easier since i don't know what ship you will be on nor which dock.

also, the cab drivers speak absolutely no english. be sure to have your hotel write out the addresses in chinese of where you need to go.

Archived