Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale beach

toni1266

Hi guys... I need everyones help please. I've booked a hotel on hotwire, I booked three star and it gave me the Holiday Inn :eek: :eek: . I guess you're probably wondering what kind of help can we possibly give now? Well you can either make me feel really really bad or reasonably okay. So anyone who has stayed there if you can give me any info I would really appreciate it.

I'll be there next Friday doing a little shopping and looking at a few schools. I won't be cruising :( but my daughter and I will be picking up our favorite waiter on Century and spending the day with him. We emailed him and asked if we could take him to lunch if he was still onboard. He said that Saturday would be his last day. He's going home. So if you have any questions you'd like me to ask. I will ask him...

Thanks again,

Toni

Oh yea, we chose that area so my daughter and her girlfriend could walk the strip without me having to be too far away. We usually stay at the pier 66

Hi Susan,

I liked both Hyatt Pier 66 and the Mariott Marina about the same. I like the tower rooms in the Hyatt. I've stayed there recently but I've not stayed at the Mariott in some time. Where ever you stay I'm sure it will be fine. Have fun :)

Toni,

We ended up getting the Holiday Inn for our April cruise on Priceline. It was done by mistake on my part ! Were in the same boat !! I also have heard many horror stories about the hotel and we are thinking about booking downtown at another hotel and taking the loss. I hope it works out for you and I would really appreciate you letting us know what the place is like. Thanks,

Jimmy and Allie

Oh My thanks everyone... I will let everyone know how it turns out. I can't justify taking the loss because I booked two rooms for four nights and that's way too much loss. As long as I have clean sheets and a clean bathroom I'll be okay. Thanks again for all the reply's and I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Toni,

For hotel reviews check www.tripadvisor.com It's not real pretty !! I have already check it out ! Sorry

Jimmy and allie, thanks for the tripadvisor site, I found it to be helpful. I read several bad posts but I must say I got my hopes up just a little when I read on a few posts that the hotel was in the process of being remodeled. Maybe that means clean at the very least. Thanks again for everything... :)

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale beach for one night last month after a cruise. It was OK, but I would rate this hotel as a 2 star rather than the 3 star Priceline rating.

There was no bell service, but I was able to check in when I arrived at 10AM. My third floor room had a nice view of the beach and ocean. The room was a good size but configured funny, with a large open closet area.

The neighborhood around the hotel is a bit rough, with T-shirt shops and a tattoo parlor. The water taxi is a short ten minute walk away at the Renaissance Suites. The large Galleria mall is next to the Renaissance.

Overall, I would rather stay at the Marriot Marina for about the same price. But if I had a family with teenagers that wanted to be near the beach, than the Holiday Inn would be a decent choice.

John C.

We arrive at the Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale this Friday via Priceline also. Last year we stayed at the Holiday Inn Hollywood beach and found it to be clean and acceptable. I thought I was booking it only to find out I made a mistake and booked Ft. Lauderdale beach instead.

We also aren't really fussy about the hotel as long as it has a clean room and is safe. Sice we're from the 'Great White North' we really enjoying staying on the beach to get that extra day or two in before heading back to the cold and snow.

I'll report back when we return.

Dan

Hi everyone.... We're back and I'm sad to say that I would not stay there again if I could help it. First of all my air conditioning wouldn't work and after two days they slip me a note under the door telling me that they have another room for me if I'd like to move. The parking was not so good especially if you're a woman traveling alone. You have to park in the back of the hotel where there are bars located. It turned out just fine but I was always watching my back when I had to park there at night. An earlier poster mentioned that there was lots of traffic noise and that is still true especially on Friday and Saturday nights the sirens lasted until the wee hours of the morning. The location to The Galleria Mall was wonderful but not so wonderful for most of the beach places (las Olas). I know I mentioned that if it was clean I would be okay. Well it wasn't so clean but maybe not having ac for two days made everything seem dirty. Being on Sunrise Blvd was very convenient because we took some day trips, we went to sawgrass mills mall (I hate shopping but the girls loved it) then we took a trip to the Keys and it took an hour and a half to go to Islamorada via the turnpike. La Galleria mall was a nice location for good restaruants. We went to Capital Grill one evening which was yummy and then we went to the Fish House in Key Largo which is always unbelievable. I would rate this a 2 star at best. Had I only had one room for one day I would have taken a loss and stayed at Pier 66. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

I got stranded in FLL because of a snowstorm in Boston in 12/03 and got the Holiday Inn through Priceline. It was fine. I didn't eat there, and the pool was small (too cold to go in anyway) but we got a corner room that was HUGE, clean, pretty cheerful, and with a view of the ocean. Beach right across the street, places to eat within walking distance.

It is not my dream resort for a vacation but it was pleasant enough. The tone of your first post surprised me; I didn't realize this hotel had a bad reputation. There may be some bad rooms. All I'm saying is that my experience was good and I certainly would not panic.

Archived