Awesome Video-Oasis

janetz

It's NOT a matter of extolling virtues over others, its about giving PROPER RESPECT to others on this thread who were having an excited exchange regarding the footage posted...now if you think that ATTACKING poster's comments and demeaning thier happiness over the topic in question is ACCEPTABLE, than maybe YOU and Joan_al need to brush up on what it means to treat EVERYONE AS A HUMAN BEING...!!!!...and by the way, I'm just an infrequent reader of these boards, so I am in NO WAY a memeber of this so-called 'CC Bashing Club'...but to come accross the comment that Joan_al posted was really un-called for and just plain NASTY...

Jon C

If you take care to read, she is relating to the fact that her post was ripped into for a few spelling mistakes if that is not bashing then I dont know what is. Anyone who posts on here should feel comfortable and not intimidated in any way to putting down something. Yes careful checking before hand does mean that multiple postings dont occur however someone new to the site might not be in the know !. No as far as Im concerned my post still stands in that there are too many bashers on this site who know/see all. Even the posting following my initial one indicates that some people are scared to post because of these bashers. ! Or dont you agree with the content/meaning of that posting either ?

If you take care to read, she is relating to the fact that her post was ripped into for a few spelling mistakes if that is not bashing then I dont know what is. Anyone who posts on here should feel comfortable and not intimidated in any way to putting down something. Yes careful checking before hand does mean that multiple postings dont occur however someone new to the site might not be in the know !. No as far as Im concerned my post still stands in that there are too many bashers on this site who know/see all. Even the posting following my initial one indicates that some people are scared to post because of these bashers. ! Or dont you agree with the content/meaning of that posting either ?

I agree that the postings were in reponse to the grammer issue, but I think the REAL issue was the comment that Joan_al posted...I for one can care less for the grammer issues, we all make mistakes...what I take offense to, and maybe the other posters were afraid to comment on this so they went with the 'easy route' and attacked the grammer, was Joan-al's flippy remark about 'what's so awesome about this video? It's just a video of a ship.'...well it's NOT JUST A SHIP...it happens to be the BIGGEST CRUISE SHIP EVER BUILT by RCCL...and it was a video of the ship BARELY passing under a bridge in Denmark...I don't know but to ME, and certainly to 99.98% of the posters on this thread, it seems to be A BIG DEAL...therefore posters were excited about this...so for Joan_al to comment SO NEGATIVELY really was un-callled for...so maybe I won't stand up for my fellow poster's 'grammer comments'...I'll just GIVE MY OPINION about Joan_al's comments: un-called for, use-less, not helpful, dis-respectful, childish, de-meaning, anti-human being and just plain STUPID!!!

Jon C

I was surprised at how quickly the ship was going under the bridge (unless the video was sped up). I know the final few seconds were really fast-forwarded, but the middle looked like it was real-time.

--Michael

This story made all the local news outlets in Miami. Apparently they were confident. They went under the bridge at 20 knots! I have to wonder if she will need go under any bridges while in service. I would hope most major ports are open to the ocean.

A related local story about the terminal in Ft. Lauderdale:

http://cbs4.com/local/oasis.of.the.2.1286208.html

Ray

Well, the Oasis is 1181 feet long and made the transit (in the video, at least) in 31 seconds, which works out to around 22 knots. Please realize, though, that my timing (and thus calculations) are approximate, but they are within 10% of RadioRay's numbers, so they serve to confirm one another...

Oh! Excuse me Mr. or Missed Perfect "i" not "e". And I do mean missed not Mrs.

Read the rules or guideline:

Spelling and Grammar Errors It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Excuse me...the poster made a snide remark...totally uncalled for...surely you have to agree to that. Please don't say she's entitled to her opinion.

When you post it's open season.

Your 'Holier than thou" attitude...leaves alot to be desired.

I'm not perfect and thank God I'm not!:D

Archived