Wardrobe on island

10child

I have been reading elsewhere not, on this board that certain types of clothing are considered not suitable. I was wondering from those of you all who have traveled to these islands what type of clothing do you see cruise passengers wearing.

Thanking you in advance,

Cayman is fairly conservative, so swimsuits are generally not encouraged in areas other than the actual beach. Extremely revealing clothing would also be discouraged, but other than that, normal summer (warm weather) attire is probably fine...

As Bookbabe stated, beachwear is for beaches only. There are no nude beaches and topless sunbathing is illegal as well for women.

You should cover up more if you are entering any restaurant, even fast food. You may be denied service for inappropriate service.

Footwear is expected everywhere but the beach.

Some of the nicer restaurants set a dress code. Generally a minimum of business casual dress is expected.

I was reminded today of another category of unsuitable attire.

The Customs law of the Cayman Islands prohibits the importation of any attire depicting or bearing any reference to marijuana. Such attire may be grounds for refusal of entry into Cayman.

My momma always told me that when you travel, dress like you are going to an aunt's house that you truly respect.

She may take you to dinner, she may make mud pies with you, but if you look nice she'll give you an apron when you make the pies. You just never know, so look a little nicer than normal. Would you wear a marijuana shirt in front of grandma if you were sober and respectful? Don't think so. The reason we are the "ugly Americans" is that we flaunt our disrespect. I don't care and I will show you I don't care.

Now obviously if you are going to the beach, don't wear the suit on the street.

Never knew about the clothing, but glad I will be visiting a country that doesn't dress like the trailer park on parade on a Saturday night. (I'm from GA, I can say that):D

• 1 month later...

Archived