Formal Nights - Which nights?

Sulo

I'm sailing on the Westerdam, Sunday November 29th, (7 nts). Can anyone give me an idea which nights might be formal? I've checked with HAL and they tell me the first formal night will be the first 'at sea' day. That makes it the Wednesday and the second formal night is at the Captain's discretion. Is there a usual day that the Captain decree's formal night? The next 'at sea' day is the day before returning to Fort Lauderdale. I've never had a formal night the night before arriving back in port. Can't figure out when it might be.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sailing on the Westerdam, Sunday November 29th, (7 nts). Can anyone give me an idea which nights might be formal? I've checked with HAL and they tell me the first formal night will be the first 'at sea' day. That makes it the Wednesday and the second formal night is at the Captain's discretion. Is there a usual day that the Captain decree's formal night? The next 'at sea' day is the day before returning to Fort Lauderdale. I've never had a formal night the night before arriving back in port. Can't figure out when it might be.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have an early departure (3:00p or 4:00p) from any port? That would be my guess.

Edit: I just looked at your itinerary, and I doubt they would have a formal on Wed and Thu (Grand Cayman, 4:00p departure). Maybe they will be Mon (4:00p from HMC) and Thu, despite what HAL said about the first one being the first sea day.

Just got off the Ryndam

We had formal night the 2nd night (the first sea day) and then again on the 6th night (early port day - leaving Costa Maya at 3:30).

The 7th night was a sea day, but it was casual dining.

Archived