Puerto Rican restaurant

imanewcruiser

I'll be in San Juan in January and would like to have a traditional Puerto Rican meal. I'm staying at the Marriott San Juan Miramar. Does anyone know of an authentic restaurant near by, or anywhere in the San Juan area? I don't care if it's a diner type or a fancier restaurant - just want to try authentic food.

Thanks!

I would highly suggest Metropol (Isla Verde Area) or Barrachina in Old San Juan. The food was incredible at both!

At Metropol, we had chicken with rice and beans- some of the best we ever had. The plantains were delicious, fried perfectly. For a great price, they serve you a HALF a chicken!

Barrachina is noted as the birthplace of the pina colada:D. The food was incredible- I had the skirt steak and I highly recommend it. If you are in OSJ on Saturday night, you can make a reservation to see a live flamenco show with dinner.

You can google either place and check out the menus. There are multiple locations for each. Be sure to go to the Metropol on Avenida Isla Verde, and Barrachina in Old San Juan. Enjoy!

I would highly suggest Metropol (Isla Verde Area) or Barrachina in Old San Juan. The food was incredible at both!

At Metropol, we had chicken with rice and beans- some of the best we ever had. The plantains were delicious, fried perfectly. For a great price, they serve you a HALF a chicken!

Barrachina is noted as the birthplace of the pina colada:D. The food was incredible- I had the skirt steak and I highly recommend it. If you are in OSJ on Saturday night, you can make a reservation to see a live flamenco show with dinner.

You can google either place and check out the menus. There are multiple locations for each. Be sure to go to the Metropol on Avenida Isla Verde, and Barrachina in Old San Juan. Enjoy!

Great! Thanks for the suggestions. The flamenco show sounds fun!

see my post on Incredible Restuarant on this thread.., Jose Enriquez Restuarant..we were just there last week..it is all local we were only non local there..in fact they ask us how we found out about the place.

Soooo ...... How did you find out about the place??

If we go back I will have to try Metropol. We walked down to it to check out the menu but ended back at Mi Casitas for a second time. Both were recommended by both hotels we stayed at.

Archived