Returning to RC

I am platinum on RCCL. That means six cruises or more. With all the cutbacks, you get nothing. We used to get a coupon book, a cocktail party and a few other things, not worth much. But now that we get nothing, I might consider leaving rccl.

We had a coupon book last week, as well as a cocktail party, the coupons are not as good but they still have them. No more C & A gifts or chocolates on the pillows. Still got my $200 balcony discount too.

That's the trouble with "loyalty programs" (not just on cruise lines). They start off with good intentions and incentives. Then as time goes on they get diluted or somehow you no longer qualify (e.g. your frequent flyer points evaporate!) or they might even get withdrawn altogether.

What you end up with is disillusioned customers who, like the person immediately above, are no longer attracted by the program.

So the program becomes a failure and it gets diluted even more.

But being corporate types, no-one has the gaul to say let's scrap it and do something else that is meaningful.

The best loyalty I ever developed towards a cruise line (and it happened to be RCI) was when the captain of the ship came around the pool deck one day, took his time and chatted with people and in at least one case (guess who?) offered a complimentary drink.

See, I remembered that!

Bottom line: we are on RCI again in a month's time.

So, now I'm evidently a "Gold Member". Big deal.

Welcome back.

If a booklet is the sole priority, yup, there have been changes.

These boards are infected with anger over the changes...But if you come back for the entertainment, the ship, the food, the service, the smiles and other things that fill you day, welcome back!

Welcome back.

If a booklet is the sole priority, yup, there have been changes.

These boards are infected with anger over the changes...But if you come back for the entertainment, the ship, the food, the service, the smiles and other things that fill you day, welcome back!

I barely noticed the cutbacks, don't eat the chocolates, coupon books,eh not as good, but found a couple to use and the tote bags I have are still going strong and have a couple of backups in the closet.

We thought this time the food had improved and was very good to excellent the service was wonderful, though I felt the assistant waiter was over taxed having to get our drinks. That was easy to solve though, we went to the Schooner Bar before hand and carried it into the dining room with us.

All in all the cutbacks didn't put a damper on anything and it is still a great product.

I am platinum on RCCL. That means six cruises or more. With all the cutbacks, you get nothing. We used to get a coupon book, a cocktail party and a few other things, not worth much. But now that we get nothing, I might consider leaving rccl.

Nothing?! :confused: You still get a coupon book, a cocktail party (with drinks that are still free) and priority boarding. Only difference is the coupon book sucks to pieces now.

:confused:

Archived