Looks like fun

tcrowe

I cant wait but is it just me or does the mini golf course look a little small?

It looks pretty big to me. It seems small in comparison to the rest of the ship. It has the same foot print as the sports court does. On the Freedom class it was smaller and on the voyager class it was more of a wrap around than a square so it's hard to tell but I think that one would be smaller as well.

This shot stood out to me. Months and months of watching the ship being built and now there are people on it enjoying the flowrider and waiting to ride the zipline!!! I'm ready to try it out myself. :):):)

Where did you get that crop from? I can't find an image from that angle anywhere.....

Good catch!

I can't believe most of the employees will be arriving on the 19th. Don't they need time to get familiar with the ship? I will prob still be getting lost on the last day of a 7 night cruise. I can't imagine getting on and the same day having to work and know where to go.

I was referring to the land based employees. Many of them work out of the headquarters location. ;)

The crew are not necessarily employees of RCCL, but work as contractors. They have been on board for quite some time now.

This shot stood out to me. Months and months of watching the ship being built and now there are people on it enjoying the flowrider and waiting to ride the zipline!!! I'm ready to try it out myself. :):):)

50475154.jpg

Crew passengers dont board until the 19th. :D

So who is the man in the chef hat with the 2 other crew/people? And the other guy in the chef hat just at the base of the mini golf?

Also she goes out on a sail on the 19th so how are crew going to know their way around the ship? How are the dining staff going to know their tables? Learn on the job with no prep before hand? fair enough it's all pretty much the same kinda thing but it is on a bigger scale and as todays Oasis video shows she ha a new safety system that no other ship has, so surely drills and that must be run on the ship as well so the crew know what to do?

CK x

CK x

The actual Oasis crew has been aboard since before sailing out of Turku. They began arriving aboard up to several weeks before the ship was turned over to RCL on Oct. 28th. Those are the folks (as well as some shipyard contractors) you saw onboard in the videos as the ship passed under the bridge on its way to the sea.

During the crossing, the crew were working in their areas, spiffing up the areas, unpacking dishes/glasses/silverware, setting out chairs, attending training sessions and going through "dry" runs and stress tests of each of the restaurants and bars. There have been several notes around the internet from the crew concerning the crossing. Many were going to the many restaurants and bars to fill them up to let each venue practice on their crewmates to polish their work before real cruisers arrive late this week.

Remember, most of the crew for the Oasis are the cream of the crop from other RCL ships. They are pros already. They are the kind that once they know their environs of the new ship they go right into their normal operations to give us the best cruising experience that can be had. (wow, I sound like an RCL employee... I'm not...)

RCL invited many of their land based marketing and sales personnel onboard this week for sales meetings. Those are the RCL employees several people have spoken of being on the ship this week. By Friday, everything should be ready, including Central Park, for the first real passengers - those lucky dogs!! And I have to wait until next April - oh well, just another 150 days...

--------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Archived