Voyager May 29th 5 night to Bermuda questions?

Mac

NYCchic, Sorry you won't be joining us in "SUNNY" Bermuda.

Everyone else on this sailing, I've been informed, and have also checked the RCCL website that the time has changed for departure. It is now listed as a 5:00pm departure. Please check your arrival plans, we don't want anyone missing the boat.

When i checked the RCCL web site today it said 5:oopm was the boarding time, not departure time. Has anyone else checked it? Also, does anyone know how far NY City is from the port and how would you recommend getting to NYC, we will be driving from Va.

Chanat, Do you want to visit NYC before the cruise? Or are you looking for directions to the boat? The ship is about a 15 drinve into the city. If you wanted to take public transportation, you could park in Jersey City and take the path. I am from Bayonne so if you have any questions let me know.

I called RC and found out that the ship is leaving at 5:00pm. When I looked at the RC web site again I did see the 5:00 time under departure, but the word boarding is beside the 5:00 time too, so I was confused.

RMA15..... I am not sure what my group wants to do about seeing NYC. There are about 18 of us and I think we do want to go to the city, but we will most likely do it when we get back since the ship leaves earlier than I originally thought. How do you suggest we get there?

I called RC and found out that the ship is leaving at 5:00pm. When I looked at the RC web site again I did see the 5:00 time under departure, but the word boarding is beside the 5:00 time too, so I was confused.

RMA15..... I am not sure what my group wants to do about seeing NYC. There are about 18 of us and I think we do want to go to the city, but we will most likely do it when we get back since the ship leaves earlier than I originally thought. How do you suggest we get there?

This all depends.

A few questions:

Are you planning on staying over night? How many cars will you have?

Since you come back on a Friday, you will have to pay for parking in Jersey City as well. With this many people, I would drive in. Take the Holland Tunnel and put the car in a downtown lot. From there you could hop on a subway to go where you want. Midtown traffic on a weekday afternoon is a nightmare. If driving in Manhatten is not for you, then I would suggest taking the 10 minute drive to the Exchange Place or Newport Mall area in Jersey City parking the car then taking the Path Train in. The train cost $1.50 per person and stops include World Trade Center, Christopher Street, 9th Street, 14th Street, 23rd street, and 33rd street. Let me know what you think.

• 1 month later...

My son and his friend are 15yo and going too. We also have two 19yo girls, 11yo boy, 10yo boy and 5yo girl in our group of 17. I hope the teenagers make friends quicker this cruise. The last time we went the boys didn't start hanging out in the teen room until the last day or two. Just 11 weeks away...can't wait!!!

my 11 year old grandson and my 5 year old granddaughter with me. Nice to know there are kids their age going. Finally found transportation from LaGuardia on the 27th to the Hyatt Regency in Jersey City. Now I can really start the countdown -- all loose ends tied up. Gonna start clothes shopping now. Do we know when formal night is? I am hoping for Monday night (sea day).

Take care.

Jacki

Other posters, including some who have been on five-day cruises, say it's the first night at sea, so for us, Monday. The other four nights are three casual, and one smart casual or semi-formal or whatever they call it on this cruise line, but meaning a jacket/tie for men, dress or slack outfit for women. First night is always casual, and I'll bet the first day in Bermuda will be, also. My experience is the night you have to pack it's casual so the last of the "dress-ups" should be Thursday night. But I guess we'll find out when we get there!

Does anybody know how much it costs to park your car in the lot they have for the cruise? Anybody ever taken the train into NY then get transportation to Bayonne for the cruise? If so how much trouble was it?

It was $12.00 per day last year..

Also you can take Amtrak to NY's Penn Station(watch out the one in NJ has the same name)... and then take the PATH train to Journal Square and then a cab to the Bayonne Ship terminal. I thought they had a free shuttle from the PATH station to the ship but I think they may have discontinued that---

PATH is Port Authority Tran Hudson(a subway train to NJ leaves from 33 rd and 6th avenue Penn station is 33 and 7th avenue....If you are traveling light... otherwise you can take the train to Newark's oenns station and get a cab..its closer and not going over the hudson makes the cab cheaper...

if anyone is interested I found a fly park sleep for Bayonne

http://www.parksleepfly.com/cruiseport_hotels/hotel_display.php?cruiseportID=15&hotel_type=cruiseport

Hi CruiseGirl,

If you're still checking this thread, the people going on the May 15th cruise have our own thread. Come and join us!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=105711

Hi KBdancer! I took my first cruise with my family when I was 15, and we went to Bermuda on a Royal Caribbean ship. It was the best vacation I ever had. I met so many other people my age, and we spent the entire time hanging out together on the ship. Now, you guys have your own space on the ship to hang out, so it'll be even better. I hope you enjoy it!

Jenny

Hey there,

I will also be on this cruise,May 29th.

Can't wait.This is my third year in row to Bermuda and all right around the same time of year.I have been the end of April and also begining of May.

The weather both times were great!!!! about 75 - 78 degrees,which is ideal.

I would image the same for this trip.

Here are my pictures for the last two years both with Carnival and both times on the Legend. I have some pictures from last year of the begining stages of Snorkel Park Beach. I hear it is really nice now. Definitely can't beat the location to where we dock.

Check out the pictures and if you have any questions I will try to answer.

http://community.webshots.com/user/trvlexprt

Carol :)

Hi Carol,

If your May 29th cruise is on the VOS, then hop on over to this thread. We are trying to get it going now with less than 70 days to go, there is alot of planning to do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=79475&page=1&pp=25

Some of us, would appreciate your expertise. Hope to see you there.

Ruth

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Bermuda last May and found the weather to be perfect. Not to hot, not to cold. Between 70-80 every day. I love the sun, but not when it makes it so unconcomfortable you can't enjoy the sites. Like I said, it was perfect. Just enough sun and warmth.

We did the helmet diving and found the water to be a little cold though. They were even passing out wet suits to anyone that wanted one because of the water itself being cold. We choose not to wear a wet suit. Once in the water, we were fine. It was not that cold.

There should be one formal night. I think it should be the second night.

Wish I was going in May.

Hi, all. If I may be of any help, check out my website (in my signature). We're on the Celebrity Horizon June 4, 2005 and are meeting all sorts of people that will be on the cruise. My site has a lot of info on Bermuda as well as links to sights, transportation, tours, etc. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me a note, too. ENJOY!

• 2 weeks later...

kewlguy,

Thanks for the heads up, but that will not ruin the "BBC". There are several cruises listed on that sight, and we have no control over it. With over 3,000 passengers, I probably wouldn't even notice....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to posting here. I'm also on this cruise. I just found out yesterday that the time had changed. When I made my deposit on 1/17/05 the confirmation said 10PM. When I made my final, it was changed to 5PM, but I never thought to look! TG someone told me! I've learned my lesson, tho, to always check the website frequently!!!

When/where is everyone meeting up?

Hi, I'm new to posting here. I'm also on this cruise. I just found out yesterday that the time had changed. When I made my deposit on 1/17/05 the confirmation said 10PM. When I made my final, it was changed to 5PM, but I never thought to look! TG someone told me! I've learned my lesson, tho, to always check the website frequently!!!

When/where is everyone meeting up?

The depature time on my documents is 6pm. Go to the site listed above under Jerrudy, written on March 21st ,for a more frequented thread, for this cruise.

Archived