NCL Dawn to Southern Caribbean - Passport Stamps ?

iphotograph

Hi! Those of you who have taken this cruise before, can you tell me if there's any Customs office near the ports (of Tortola, Antigua, Barbados and St. Kitts) where I could get my DS's passport stamped? :)

I've searched the Caribbean ports of call boards but didn't find any info.

TIA!

You can ask at the reception desk onboard. There is someone that meets with the Customs officials onboard and they can have the passport stamped with the souvenior stamp. You give them the passport, they will present it to Customs on your behalf and have it returned to you.

Just be careful though, I had read on here once that someone had gotten a souvenior stamp from a country that they visited on a cruise and were given trouble by Customs in another Country. I don't recall all of the details of it, and the thread was a while ago, maybe if you do a search you could find something. Maybe others on here will know what I am talking about.

On my cruise in May, sometimes we found a person at the port who could stamp it and other times we needed to go to the airport. Once we found the right people, we never had an issue with them stamping it for us.

Of those, we got stamps at Tortola and Antigua by visiting their Immigration offices, and found the place in St. Kitts, although I was told "the guy just left" at the latter:

British Virgin Islands 2007

Antigua 2009

As for having problems... your mileage may vary, but U.S. CBP hasn't given me a problem with the requested stamps in my passport (and the one I got from Jamaica looks like the regular stamp one gets.) And I've used my passport not only on all of my cruises (disembarking in Ft. Lauderdale, Miami or Tampa, and Port Canaveral), but coming back by plane from the Caribbean, Europe, and Asia - and we're talking about coming back through JFK in New York as well as through Charlotte, N.C. On my most recent cruise, San Juan CBP actually flipped through the first couple of pages of stamps, but didn't say anything.

Archived