Cost of island tour... is this reasonable?

iphotograph

Hi,

I've contacted a tour operator and inquired about an island tour (Shirley Heights, Devil's Bridge, The Block House, Nelson's Dockyard, etc). It'll be a 5 1/2-hr tour for me, my DH and DS who's 5.

The cost is $160. Based on your experience, please tell me if this is reasonable and if I should go ahead and book it?

Thanks!

There were five in our group and then there were two others from another ship that walked up and booked the tour while we were waiting. They paid the same price we did. The guide also had a light lunch for us and refreshments. Made stops so we could get pictures.

Sounds like a great deal for so many hours. Who did you hire? Did you arrange for it before you docked? I would like to do the same itinerary but many some beach time. Does he have a website for me to check? Thanks for your help.

We hired Gordon. He was so easy to find when we got off of the ship. He can be reached at tourinfo@tourguidegordon.com - he is very prompt in replying to emails. Email him and let him know what you want and he will send you a quote. You can also mention my name "Sharon" - I was on Carnival's Freedom a few weeks ago and that he was recommended on this message board. Let me know if you need any other information.:)

I've been exchanging emails with Gordon about a tour and he seems to have a minimum of 4 people or charges $160. So if your party is more than 3, the $40/person charge applies and he never mentions the minimum charge.

We'd love to take the tour with him for our sailing which puts on on Antigua on 12/27 but so far no one else has contacted him. So we either pay the $160 or find another tour guide. I've posted several notes on our roll call but he says he's had no contacts. It's a shame because he seems like one of the better options.

j

Archived